Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Longarms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-longarms-t45493.html)

quilt addict 05-11-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Thanks for the cool thread. I never thought of it as a treadle. Now look and see what I found on CL. Billy, think you should come to S CA for a stay and do some shopping.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...733938809.html ;-)

I just email the guy and I am waiting for the reply. You think you could ship this one to me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And do not tempt me, I would love to come out and hang with you looking for machines and what not!!!

Billy

Billy would be glad to pick it up and ship it for you. Or you can come and get it too. It would be fun to do some shopping, or dumbster diving. You have a gift for it. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

SewExtremeSeams 05-12-2010 04:56 AM

Wow, Billy. Cool thread. Since my hubby and I attended our LQ show in March and test drove some Longarms, DH has been wondering about building a frame and buying an industrial machine. The one we liked the best at the show was the Homesteader for its manueverablity. However, like you said the $10,000 price tag is way out of our range. My friend has one that was nearly 30K. Way more than my first home!

Used industrials are selling more and more frequently in our area on CL for $500 to 800. What we notice is that many of them have long open arms making them beneficial for LAQ!

My question is, not ever owned a LA, what the things to include if one builds their own frame :?: Perhaps a future tutorial maybe? :shock: :shock:

Lostn51 05-12-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Billy would be glad to pick it up and ship it for you. Or you can come and get it too. It would be fun to do some shopping, or dumbster diving. You have a gift for it. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

It would be just the head if I get it so it wont be too bad to box up.

But I might be out your way before long.

After I get these cars finished and the few more smaller projects done I am going to buy another bike (chopper) and I am going to take off and head out west for a a while to air out my head and relax a bit.

My wife goes to New York City for a week of shopping and relaxation every year with my daughter and I get to go on a long road trip with my best friend. But since he started a new business I am doing it by myself this year.

Last year we went in his 1957 Nomad and drove Route 66 from start to finish!! That was the 3rd time we have done the trip in the last 15 years. But usually we do the Hot Rod Magazines Power Tour from start to finish.

Billy

Maride 05-12-2010 08:52 AM

Relaxation!!??? In NYC!!????? How?

Lostn51 05-12-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
Relaxation!!??? In NYC!!????? How?

They will usually stay at the The Peninsula or somewhere close to Central Park and 5th ave and do the whole Spa Treatment, Museums, Theater and of course Shopping.

But to her its relaxing so I am not arguing she deserves to be spoiled after putting up with me all of these years.

Billy

merryhare 05-12-2010 11:18 AM

Didn't know that treadles came in long arm... how cool!

foxxigrani 05-13-2010 04:04 AM

Oh my goodness sake to die for, I have been wanting a treadle, would that be the cats meow or what?

Rita

BKinCO 05-13-2010 08:39 AM

You know I'm watching this now..........if there's one out there, Billy will have it!

QuiltQtrs 05-13-2010 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My "short arm" Singer 91-15 machine is a reconditioned commercial
machine with a 9" throat area. Using pantograph stitching designs
up to 5 1/2" tall, and with my 10" Gammill solid oak table (30" wide)
I can do quilts up to 90" in width. Of course, designs are not as
elaborate as with the Long Arm machines, but for under $2000 I am
in quilter's Heaven with all the projects I can quickly finish!

CarrieAnne 05-13-2010 02:23 PM

Neat!