Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Preservation/Restorations $65 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-preservation-restorations-%2465-t48203.html)

Lostn51 06-03-2010 08:48 AM

I have been asked by several members if I would be interested in fixing their vintage machines up for them. The answer is of course I would. So I thought I would put this out here for you all who want the machines but are a bit intimidated by the entire cleaning servicing of them.

Now every machine is a different case and the price might change a bit depending on the condition and what you want done but this is the basic pricing on a machine that is dirty and needs a good thorough cleaning and checking out, not a COMPLETE rust bucket just a little rust!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I charge $100 + parts and return shipping for a complete service.

That includes tearing the machine down, cleaning, checking the electrical (if it has any) assembly, tune up, oil and polish. Basically preserving what you have.

Now if you want a complete repaint or want the shiny parts replated then it will go up accordingly.

If I have to replace parts or anything like that of course I will contact you and we can go from there but what parts I replace will be put into the box with the machine for the return trip. Also you will get photo updates as the process goes on. That way you can be up to date on everything and you can watch your machine transform before your eyes!!! But if you are interested then feel free to contact me.

So far I have several of them in the mail heading this way and I am really looking forward to working on them. This is like therapy for me!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy

craftybear 06-03-2010 10:19 AM

wow, that is awesome, you are the greatest!

tuesy 06-04-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear

I totally agree!! I've bookmarked this so maybe after DS b/d I can send you my 301.

Thank you so much for offering to do this..

Lostn51 06-04-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy

I totally agree!! I've bookmarked this so maybe after DS b/d I can send you my 301.

Well its just that I service a lot of vintage machines and I know for a fact that there are very few places that will even touch them much less offer complete restorations, including a full paint and plating service.

So I thought this would be a good thing for those of us that want a vintage machine but feel a little overwhelmed by all of the parts and labor.

Plus how many sewing repair shops Flame and Pinstripe sewing machines per customers request?!?

Billy

ForestHobbit 06-05-2010 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by tuesy

Well its just that I service a lot of vintage machines and I know for a fact that there are very few places that will even touch them much less offer complete restorations, including a full paint and plating service.

So I thought this would be a good thing for those of us that want a vintage machine but feel a little overwhelmed by all of the parts and labor.

Plus how many sewing repair shops Flame and Pinstripe sewing machines per customers request?!?

Billy

Could we please see some of those Flame and Pinstripe machines? They have to be out of this world...!!!

quilterguy27 06-06-2010 10:48 AM

I would love to see some of your custome paint jobs on some vintage sewing machines, please.

Lostn51 06-06-2010 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I would love to see some of your custome paint jobs on some vintage sewing machines, please.

Let me dig through the HD and see if I have some of the FW's I did. I only flamed the bed of the machine but it came out really nice. Cream with a heavy Gold Pearl flames and an all over Gold Pearl mid coat. Then it had the Singer on the lampshade like the white FW's.

Here is a model 27 I did for myself.....

Billy

quilterguy27 06-08-2010 11:52 AM

Beautiful machine Billy. Are those decals or did you paint those on there? Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing.

Lostn51 06-08-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Beautiful machine Billy. Are those decals or did you paint those on there? Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing.

22kt Gold Leaf.

I am still looking for the FW photos but they will be posted as soon as they are found.

Lostn51 06-08-2010 12:02 PM

I was thinking about this today and I am going to drop the price down to $65 for the preservation service for the fact that you have to ship the machine both ways. The members that have machines in the mail and are here I am going to notify them and let them know that it has dropped and they will not have to pay as much.

At least this will help out on the cost of shipping the machine and you will not be out but around $100 or so total!!!

Also do not be scared of shipping a machine to me or me shipping it back I will walk you through the packing process (maybe another tute?) so that you machine will be guarantied to arrive in one piece safe and sound.

Billy