Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

sew wishful 02-10-2011 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

Originally Posted by kwendt

Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
I also have a white FW , she is a 1964 too.

So nice...I bet you love that white FW. You know, FW's in general just never really turned me on. Not sure why. I must be a deviant or something! :-D What DOES have me lusting/catching my eye... are the 201ks! They are in a similar white/cream color. So neat!!!!

I didn't know this! I've only ever seen black 201s... Would love to see a picture of a white one, if you have it.

The one that she is referring to is the later models that were a creamy tan color and were the same body style as the 185J/K.

Billy

Really? This wasn't a repaint? I love this and I'm sure they are rare, right? I'd love to get my hands on one!!

Lostn51 02-10-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
Really? This wasn't a repaint? I love this and I'm sure they are rare, right? I'd love to get my hands on one!!

Well they are not that rare they are just hard to find in our country. It is like the "Red Eye" we have millions of them here but in Australia they were never introduced but they go for big bucks and are hard to find.

In this case rarity all depends on what part of the world you are standing. ;)

Billy

sew wishful 02-10-2011 03:15 PM

Son is going to a swap meet in Clarksville. I told him to look out for old sewing machines. (It's a Motorcycle swap meet.) He didn't think there'd be much for sewing machines, but could probably find cool things to "pimp" my golf cart. LOL!!!

kwendt 02-10-2011 04:20 PM

Son is going to a swap meet in Clarksville. I told him to look out for old sewing machines. (It's a Motorcycle swap meet.) He didn't think there'd be much for sewing machines, but could probably find cool things to "pimp" my golf cart. LOL!!!

LOL... i love it... pimp your ride. Hey, I just recovered the old singer sewing stool/seat that matches the #40 table... with lilac denim to go with my sew room. Does that count? Did I just pimp my 'ride'?
signed, tryin-to-be-sew-cool
kim

Glenn 02-10-2011 04:28 PM

LOL... i love it... pimp your ride. Hey, I just recovered the old singer sewing stool/seat that matches the #40 table... with lilac denim to go with my sew room. Does that count? Did I just pimp my 'ride'?
signed, tryin-to-be-sew-cool
kim

I think you just pimped your ride. Glenn

KellyK 02-10-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by KellyK
I have this problem with my 501A, anyone have ideas?

Take the hand wheel off and oil the shaft put it back together and you good to go!!

Billy

Thank you! I'll try that this weekend.

Pins n' Ndls 02-10-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
I also have a white FW , she is a 1964 too.

So nice...I bet you love that white FW. You know, FW's in general just never really turned me on. Not sure why. I must be a deviant or something! :-D What DOES have me lusting/catching my eye... are the 201ks! They are in a similar white/cream color. So neat!!!!

I didn't know this! I've only ever seen black 201s... Would love to see a picture of a white one, if you have it.

A white 201 ? I have a black one and didn't know there was any other color.

melinda1962 02-11-2011 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a cute Japanese 15 I got for $5.

PunkQuilter 02-11-2011 02:18 AM

Hi all...a white 201? I would have blown that off as a repaint myself. Now it's just one more thing on my wish list.

Billy-There is an owner's manual for the russian machine you are seeking on E-Bay, and another piece of emphera regarding the russian machine. They are pretty cool looking.

cabbagepatchkid 02-11-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Here is a cute Japanese 15 I got for $5.

That's adorable! How is it working? Those are the same colors as my 2-tone 301's. I really like the beige and cream.