Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 02-16-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
While digging around in the shop DH came upon an old Redeye head and we had a hard time remembering when and why we acquired it. Then we remember we'd bought it for the cabinet because the head was so grody. He got it out and cleaned it up and it moves freely and everything works but all the decals were worn off off it and are only silver now.
How do we go about removing all of the decal and getting down to the paint. I'd rather have it all black than the way it is now as I have 2 other Redeyes in good shape. Any suggestions?

If you want try a rubbing/polishing compound that will take the decals right off of it!!

Billy

tomilu 02-16-2011 07:20 PM

[quote=vintagemotif][quote=tomilu]

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I use the Singer buttonholer on my featherweight and on my Janome 6500 all the time as I don't like the automatic built in buttonholer on my Janome. The buttonholer for a featherweight will fit any short shank machine including newer machines. I am puzzled however Tommilou as to how the buttonholer you purchased will fit either short shank or slant machines as the slant shank machines wouldn't have the screw hole needed to attach the buttonholer in the same place and the buttonholer would sit too high. Slant shank buttonholers have their attachment post in a different spot. Everything else about them is the same.

I am told that the manual covers both types of buttonholers, so mine just works for the slants, not both. And that, like you say, makes sense.

Lostn51 02-16-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Deara

Originally Posted by Shemjo
WooHoo, 700 pages! What a bunch of gabby people we are! So much information!!!!!

With so many sharing, there is so much to learn.

Congrats Billy on 700 pages.

Blessings,
Sandi

Thak you and if it were not for you guys it would have been lost in the mix!! Remember this is our shop and its open 24/7 with plenty of gab and information!!

Billy

Pins n' Ndls 02-16-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by melinda1962
My husband's feet or boots are rough on his socks, and I darn them all the time, but don't have a darning egg so I use a metal ice cream scoop. I am 48, and am tired of buying socks for one time wearing.

OMG! Eeks! I just tell my husband to just throw them away. I don't have the patience to do darning.

I have been known to use a lightbulb !Don't know how I got the bright idea LOL

Lostn51 02-16-2011 07:55 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Well here is my 1885 Eldredge I bought before I started working on it and one of the treadle after sand blasting and painting it. I will be working on the cabinet this weekend. This will be one of my nicest machines I own!!

Billy

luv2learn 02-16-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu

Originally Posted by luv2learn
tomilu,

Congratulations on your Rocketeer. You got lots of goodies with her! Mine also has the same pin broken. If you find a fix for it, please share with me. !

\

Mine isn't the pin broken, it is the hinge itself. I'll see if I have a spare pin.

Sorry, I rechecked mine and the hinge itself is broken and the pin is gone. Seems that was common with them, huh?
Thanx, Brenda

vintagemotif 02-16-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well here is my 1885 Eldredge I bought before I started working on it and one of the treadle after sand blasting and painting it. I will be working on the cabinet this weekend. This will be one of my nicest machines I own!!

Billy

Billy, Those irons are gorgeous! You did an excellent job!

luv2learn 02-16-2011 08:07 PM

Billy, the irons look great and I love the name in gold!!

Lostn51 02-16-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Billy, the irons look great and I love the name in gold!!

I researched the irons and methodically cleaned a few places before I knew what the paint scheme was supposed to look like. But they are done to the 1885 factory specs!

Billy

BoJangles 02-16-2011 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I have a full-sized Pfaff treadle #30, but I certainly didn't give that much for it!!

Miz Johnny please post a picture!

Nancy