Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jljack 02-25-2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by jljack
Miz Johnny, not sure if you remember, but I have an Elna Supermatic like yours in your avatar pic. I have to go through it, and need a knee control. Does yours take the folding or bayonet knee control? I can't tell from the connector at the front of the machine. Thanks!

Mine is folding. Is there a metal piece that comes out of the front of the machine? If so, the folding control attaches to it by a screw.

Thanks!!!

jljack 02-25-2011 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn

Miz Johnny, could you show us newbies what a Vesta looks like? Thanx!

Here's the one I bought a couple of weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Wow....awesome looking machine!!!

vintagemotif 02-25-2011 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by buslady
i've checked all that, thrice! it is driving me nuts. i did get new bobbins, i did try a couple different ones to no avail. is it possible that Rosie just doesn' like the new ones? ive heard this discussion before. what do you think?

First, I'd find an original bobbin, it seems some of the old machines like old bobbins. Second what kind of needle are you using? I'd use a Schmetz Sharp 80 or 70 not something larger. Are you sure you threaded in right to left and inserted the needle all the way up with the flat side to the left?

Also, did you take the bobbin slide plate off and make sure there is no thread caught in there. You need to look from the top side and take the cover off the bottom and look from the bottom too. There may be a little thread wound up around the hook/race thing that is causing the skipped stitches.

Nancy

Sometimes with my machines, all that is needed is for the machine to be oiled. Try that too, couldn't hurt. :)

buslady 02-26-2011 05:32 AM

thanks for all the suggestions, i have to work this morn, and quilting at church this aftnoon, had to pack the new janome, but first thing this evening will try some more. i ordered the bobbins off ebay, any idea where can get some old ones?

buslady 02-26-2011 05:32 AM

oops. dbl post. :)-

nwm50 02-26-2011 07:11 AM

did you see the 99k below it??? For 9.99....

nwm50 02-26-2011 07:12 AM

did you see the 99k below it??? For 9.99....

Miz Johnny 02-26-2011 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Mine is folding. Is there a metal piece that comes out of the front of the machine? If so, the folding control attaches to it by a screw.

Miz Johnny do you know where I can get a threading diagram for my New Home T No 3 machine? Or better yet, do you have something like the T No 3 that you can thread and post a picture of that funny face plate with the long wire that runs all the way down the front?

Nancy

I have a National with the strange face plate; it has a TV on top of it right now, but I will get to it as soon as I can and see if I can remember how to thread it. If not, I will find someone who can.

irishrose 02-26-2011 09:02 AM

buslady, Billy should have some real Singer ones available. If not, I got mine from April1930s.com
She specializes in FWs, but sells for 301s, too.

Lostn51 02-26-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
buslady, Billy should have some real Singer ones available. If not, I got mine from April1930s.com
She specializes in FWs, but sells for 301s, too.

I dont have any of the originals right now but I have a few after markets here and they are very pricey! PM me if you need one but make sure your sitting down when I give you the details!! :lol:

Billy