Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 03-15-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

This is as good a time as any to say that you should take anything I say with a grain of salt--I am wrong as often as I'm right, and appreciate it when someone points it out to me. Although, as I am suffering from CRS, I won't remember it next time around, either.
I belong to several different SM lists, but have been hanging out here because I'm looking for a more "informal" atmosphere. (I must admit that I also "feed" off the excitement of those new to collecting!) This is a hobby for me, one I've shared with family and friends and one that has been a wonderful diversion through some really rough times, but is certainly not the most important thing in my life.
So--entertain me some more! I love hearing about all of your "new" machines!

What's CRS? Is this something we all probably have - as in sewing machine addiction, or time changed and I have no brain cells this week "itis"??

She means can't remember stuff or as we say in the army Can't remember sh......! It is a sickness we get when our children think we are old. :lol: Glenn

cabbagepatchkid 03-15-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
Doodle Bug is too cute Mr. Glenn!

Thanks Grandmother23. She is a little diva. My wife has bought her as many clothes as she has. :lol: Glenn

She is adorable!! I love dogs and have 5 of them--golden retrievers and labs. I would love to have a little dog but the other dogs might eat it :shock:

Lostn51 03-15-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
Sorry about so many pictures. I quit smoking, had a four year old for 6 days. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Congratulations, I think you are the current queen of machine shopping. Great job. I want to go with you next time. :D If only you were closer.

Lisa I would have to argue that point, I know you too well and have seen photos of your garage! But she would give you a good run for your money I will say that! :-P

Billy

Lostn51 03-15-2011 06:03 PM

I thought I would show you my little quilting helper. This is Doodle Bug at Christmas thiss year. Glenn

She is adorable!!!

Billy

Lostn51 03-15-2011 06:05 PM

I have no way of dating a Necchi so hopefully we can find someone on here that might know where to start to look!

Billy

Cindy Lou Who 03-15-2011 06:07 PM

[quote=Glenn]

Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

This is as good a time as any to say that you should take anything I say with a grain of salt--I am wrong as often as I'm right, and appreciate it when someone points it out to me. Although, as I am suffering from CRS, I won't remember it next time around, either. (/quote]

What's CRS? Is this something we all probably have - as in sewing machine addiction, or time changed and I have no brain cells this week "itis"??

She means can't remember stuff or as we say in the army Can't remember sh......! It is a sickness we get when our children think we are old. :lol: Glenn

Yep, got that too- and it got worse this week with the time change!!

Pat Heinemann 03-15-2011 06:08 PM

Pat you better be careful. You will end up like us with many machines and looking for places to put them. I am still looking for old tools but have not found any I can afford. Glenn

Very true Glenn, I have been looking on the Net and found some interesting sites about old tools. I have a good lead on a New Rogers scroll saw. If you want, I can forward you the links for the sites I have found. Take care, Pat

Ohio Star Quilter 03-15-2011 06:08 PM

Chris,
About a month ago I got a Necchi BU Mira sewing machine and desk cabinet on Freecycle. I'll post pictures maybe tomorrow. Mine was made in 1953 or 1954.
Join the Necchi sewing machine club Yahoo group and there is a lot of info on there. They also have a list of the members machines and have some dates with them. There are some manuals to download also if you don't have one.
What models do you have?
Judy

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Quick Necchi question: How do we date the machines? I have 2; both say made in Italy. Are those real Italian or Japanese Italian? A hinge on one does say Japan on it. I have serial #s for both and am curious as to their age.

Kathie S. 03-15-2011 06:09 PM

I tried the white vinagar and was quite pleased with the results. I soaked my old feet in it for about 15 minutes and it made a big difference. Kathie

cabbagepatchkid 03-15-2011 06:10 PM

Anyone in the Boston, MA area looking for a Singer 201??? For $20.00 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Check out this CL listing....I'm pretty sure that is a 201 under all of that dirt and grime:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/atq/2253202819.html