Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Miz Johnny 05-05-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I want to thank each and everyone of you that have prayed for me and hubbys family. His sister just passed away. Kathie

So sorry to hear that, Kathie. I know it has been a hard time for all of you. Sending good thoughts.

Miz Johnny 05-05-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Farmstitcher, I have a reg. 306 machine and it takes the 206X13 needle which you can still find. This machine will also use a double needle. I am going to list some of the features of my 306 and maybe it will be the same as what you are looking at.
. . . . I like mine but don't know if I want to treadle it also have another one DH is going to put a hand crank on it. Here's a picture of mine.

It will need to be modified somehow to accept a HC.

Shemjo 05-05-2011 12:55 PM

Kathe S. Sorry for your loss.

Deara 05-05-2011 01:10 PM

Kathie S.
So sorry for your loss.
You and your family will remain in our prayers.

Sandi

mpeters1200 05-05-2011 01:21 PM

Kathie S. -- So sorry for your loss.

tomilu 05-05-2011 02:00 PM

Finally got caught up with reading the pages that have accumulated since I left for NM. You all have been very chatty.
DH picked up a Singer Touch and Swear 640 for free, missing power cord and front plate. The gears look ok; will find out when power is applied. I left the Necchi in NM and brought home the Singer 401 to refurbish.
I am very far behind on getting machines working - and have 4yo granddaughter to entertain for a couple of weeks.
So glad to be back home and happy to see all the new machines that have new homes on this board.
Tommie

sewnserge 05-05-2011 02:58 PM

Hi Nancy -
Wow!! You sound so excited! Thanks!!! :wink: Yes it is a Model 15, and the lever is a back tack. Do you have any suggestion for how to lower the feed dogs?? I was hoping I could use it for FMQ, because it has such a long arm...10-1/4"! It has cleaned up fairly well -- it has been ridden hard--has multiple dings and nicks, and tons of scratches where they put their pins in a strap of fabric they wrapped around the arm. There was a decal, but only a tiny bit is visible -- I can see the S from the Singer decal on the arm, and there is a little bit of decorative scrolling on the upright--but it is mostly gone.

vintagemotif 05-05-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I want to thank each and everyone of you that have prayed for me and hubbys family. His sister just passed away. Kathie

Kathie, Sorry to hear of you loss.

Crossstitcher 05-05-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by FarmStitcher

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Farmstitcher, I have a reg. 306 machine and it takes the 206X13 needle which you can still find. This machine will also use a double needle. I am going to list some of the features of my 306 and maybe it will be the same as what you are looking at.
Full vision bobbin case,calibrated tension for accurate adjustment,reversible feed,calibrated stitch regulator,smooth seamless throat plates,positive feed for handling all types of fabrics,oneway needle clamp makes it almost impossible to place needle in clamp incorrectly,takes the fashion discs for making decorative stitches. Hope this helps you in your decision. I like mine but don't know if I want to treadle it also have another one DH is going to put a hand crank on it. Here's a picture of mine.

Thanks so much Trish, yours is very nice. Do you like it for FMQ too? I appreciate your answer.

Forgot to mention....a lady gave me a set of 24 cams for this model so that is a plus!

Farmstitcher, I haven't learned to do FMQ yet. To get the 24 cams is a plus I have gotten mine from E Bay but that runs into extra money because of the shipping and then you don't get the whole set at one time. But, I can use them on my 319 as well.
Did you get it or are you still thinking about it?

jpete523 05-05-2011 03:22 PM

Kathie S. --- So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.