Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 05-09-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Hi Nancy.... first off, I'm sorry for your little guy. I love all my animials and when they are not doing well, I do the same thing. Hold them, give a what comfort I can.... I hope things get resolved for him and you.

On those bobbin's... thank you. For some reason, I didn't think that 1 1/8" was 'long'. My thread tangles a bunch, so I was thinking that maybe the bobbins I had were not the correct ones. It could be the thread or tension. I'll work on the tensions and figure it out. I didn't ever check the S/N actually. lol. I know it's a 127, cause it's full sized, VS2, Sphinx, spoke wheel, but electrified, and has the bobbin ejector. The 27's didn't. So this has got to be the newer 127... It sews slowly... it's not lack of oil or grime, I think it may be the old wiring/pedal. I may just chuck the electric motor all together.

My 127 does not have the shuttle ejector. I didn't know that the 127 ever had a shuttle ejector? I just sewed the back pocket of a pair of wrangler jeans for my granddaughter back on with my 127 because her little Janome couldn't do the job! I love that 127 -- it is a work horse! Maybe, you should just toss the motor and put in in a treadle -- I love my 127 treadle!

Nancy

I have not been in the shop for a few days. My little blue chihuahua, Balto, died Saturday. We were not prepared for that -- he was such a sweet little guy and up until Friday he seemed so healthy! It is hard when you love them so much.

tomilu 05-09-2011 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Originally Posted by tomilu

Originally Posted by emmah

Originally Posted by tomilu
So DH and I have decided we need a sales tax # to order parts. My parts stash is dwindling fast and we need gears, etc. and other parts. So my problem is what to call our little venture. Not being creative in that realm, I could use some suggestions on this beautiful Mothers Day.
Tommie

How about "Grandma's machine shop"

Great idea. DH's idea is "Redington's Relics" Hmmm, him or me??? :roll:

His idea is good. Since you love old machines so much how about Parts of My Heart Machine Shop?

I like your idea, Weedwoman. I'll see what DH thinks.

Lostn51 05-09-2011 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Has anyone ever seen a 66 red eye with non metallic decals? I am getting very confused by my latest find. Her date is 1919 due to serial #G7175576. She has the back clamp feet (sort of rusty. How do I remove that?) And her decal under the badge is off center, so part of it is under the badge. The badge itself is sort of a copper color, not brass colored. Any input on this one?

Thats the legit decals and all!!! It looks really nice and that is a Western Electric type of motor popular for a do it yourself conversions offered by the dealers in mail order. Those motors are dangerous as all get out, I know from first hand experience! But it is a neat piece to have!

Billy

Lostn51 05-09-2011 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by kwendt
Hi Nancy.... first off, I'm sorry for your little guy. I love all my animials and when they are not doing well, I do the same thing. Hold them, give a what comfort I can.... I hope things get resolved for him and you.

On those bobbin's... thank you. For some reason, I didn't think that 1 1/8" was 'long'. My thread tangles a bunch, so I was thinking that maybe the bobbins I had were not the correct ones. It could be the thread or tension. I'll work on the tensions and figure it out. I didn't ever check the S/N actually. lol. I know it's a 127, cause it's full sized, VS2, Sphinx, spoke wheel, but electrified, and has the bobbin ejector. The 27's didn't. So this has got to be the newer 127... It sews slowly... it's not lack of oil or grime, I think it may be the old wiring/pedal. I may just chuck the electric motor all together.

My 127 does not have the shuttle ejector. I didn't know that the 127 ever had a shuttle ejector? I just sewed the back pocket of a pair of wrangler jeans for my granddaughter back on with my 127 because her little Janome couldn't do the job! I love that 127 -- it is a work horse! Maybe, you should just toss the motor and put in in a treadle -- I love my 127 treadle!

Nancy

I have not been in the shop for a few days. My little blue chihuahua, Balto, died Saturday. We were not prepared for that -- he was such a sweet little guy and up until Friday he seemed so healthy! It is hard when you love them so much.

Nancy I am so sorry for the loss. We had our Chi for 11 years when we had to put her to sleep because of a congenital heart failure. We found out she had it 6 months before she took a turn for the worse. That was the most stressful 6 months of my life and I miss my little girl. Something about the breed you just can not help but to love!

Billy

BoJangles 05-09-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have not been in the shop for a few days. My little blue chihuahua, Balto, died Saturday. We were not prepared for that -- he was such a sweet little guy and up until Friday he seemed so healthy! It is hard when you love them so much. Nancy

Nancy I am so sorry for the loss. We had our Chi for 11 years when we had to put her to sleep because of a congenital heart failure. We found out she had it 6 months before she took a turn for the worse. That was the most stressful 6 months of my life and I miss my little girl. Something about the breed you just can not help but to love!

Billy

Yes, they are so sweet - like having puppies all their lives - so dependent, so loveable. Balto was 9 1/2 and we knew his whole life he had a bad heart murmur but he never showed any signs of a bad heart until a week before he died. We were not prepared to loose him.

Crossstitcher 05-09-2011 06:36 AM

Nancy, sorry to hear about your little dog. It is so hard to lose a pet.

Deara 05-09-2011 06:41 AM

Nancy, I am so sorry for your loss.
Our fur babies are dear to our hearts as our children and grandchildren are.
Our fur babies love us unconditionally.

Blessings to you and your family.
Sandi

dirty1mom 05-09-2011 06:46 AM

Nancy, sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is.

Weedwoman 05-09-2011 07:15 AM

Nancy, my heart hurts for you. Losing a beloved pet is so difficult. You'll see him again at Rainbow Bridge one day.

chris_quilts 05-09-2011 07:25 AM

Nancy;

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Balto. Still struggle with the loss of my Husky about 1 year ago. Miss him like crazy. Very Diificult to lose a furbaby who's one of your children.