Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Crossstitcher 05-18-2011 05:07 PM

Charlee, Welcome back we missed seeing you in the shop. I looked at your new machine and cabinet and you really did a nice job. Machine and cabinet looks great!

cherrybsixty 05-18-2011 05:18 PM

[quote=vintagemotif][quote=cherrybsixty][quote=vintagemotif]

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Is this the quilt that some guy was going to trash, but you rescued? A quilt from early 1900s? I would love to see this quilt!

He was using it to work on the ground and he had been using it to work on cars. There were oil stains and mildew and paint stains all in it. The cleaner did an awesome job. He sold it to me for the cost of the cleaning.

OMG! I remember this now, when you posted this info.
Please, please post a picture! Do you have before and after?

Only afters, my DGD takes better pics than I do. I'll get her to do enough shots of it.

PJisChaos 05-18-2011 05:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, here's the pics of the Domestic...

The case, musty smelling but in good shape
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198910[/ATTACH]

lid off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198911[/ATTACH]

underneath
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198912[/ATTACH]

miriam 05-18-2011 05:28 PM

PJisChaos
about any short shank feet should fit - looks to be in nice shape - what are you going to name that one?

PJisChaos 05-18-2011 05:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more, sorry so many.

back plate
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198914[/ATTACH]

all it came with, no Manual just quick start quide
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198915[/ATTACH]

PJisChaos 05-18-2011 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by miriam
PJisChaos
about any short shank feet should fit - looks to be in nice shape - what are you going to name that one?

LoL, I have been pondering that since I got her! I have no idea, gonna wait and see how it works.
If it works kinda goofy like it looks(kinda big and clunky looking), I am thinking Dory. Like from Finding Nemo. :lol:

I have one last pic, and I need help here bigtime!

What is this for???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198916[/ATTACH]

cherrybsixty 05-18-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn

Glenn, you do gorgeous work, also.

JaneK 05-18-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by PJisChaos

PJisChaos

LoL, I have been pondering that since I got her! I have no idea, gonna wait and see how it works.
If it works kinda goofy like it looks(kinda big and clunky looking), I am thinking Dory. Like from Finding Nemo. :lol:

That appears to be the bobbin winder! :)

Glenn 05-18-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by PJisChaos

PJisChaos

Looks like your bobbin winder to me glenn

Glenn 05-18-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn

Glenn, you do gorgeous work, also.

Thanks Cherrybsixty and thank you everyone. Glenn