Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 07-01-2010 06:32 PM

I know my wife just looks at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears........But I am having fun!!

Billy

Lostn51 07-01-2010 06:38 PM

Not too bad Wine I think you got your moneys worth thats for sure!! What is the serial on the machine?

I found out the BKinCO and I have Red Eyes that came from the same allotment and are only several hundred machines apart from each other. How is that for something unique?

Billy

Wine Woman 07-01-2010 07:54 PM

I'm very pleased with it. My number is G4498069. It stated it was a 66 but a funny thing-my friends neighbor has one just like mine and her serial number came up as a different model as mine. I just went to look for it and must have trashed it all ready.

I do have a light that came with it and the silver cover that goes on too. I should have put them in the posting too. Didn't even think about it! I'm not sure if it's the right one but it works!

Any leads to find a plate for the back?

Lostn51 07-01-2010 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Any leads to find a plate for the back?

I might have one out in my studio if I do its yours!

Billy

SewExtremeSeams 07-01-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
I got the treadle bug and started looking! Spent a day on the coast looking at five machines and came back with nothing! I was so discouraged with what people thought were nice machines.

Looked on Craig's list again and found this one. As soon as I saw it I knew this was the one! She came home with me right away....

What a beautiful machine! Thank you for sharing photos of her... :-D

cimarron 07-01-2010 09:04 PM

Billy? Do you answer 'ol machine questions here? If not, please ignore my question. IF you do, then here goes... Earlier this week my sis n law brought over my mother n law's circa 1977 Bernina 820....with original book, and most of the feet. (a helper threw away much, until my sis n law rescued the machine!) My question regards the top of it, where one choses either zig zag or straight stitch OR some fancy stitch. Fany stitch requires moving lever to the right backwards...and choosing the fancy stitch (lever moves to right and backwards - in theory...but it refuses to move). Am I doing something wrong, or goes the machine needed services? I really would like to start using the machine, but am afraid something may be wrong with it, so am hesitant. ANY advise would be greatly appreciated Billy (or other Bernina owners out there).

Lostn51 07-01-2010 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by cimarron
Billy? Do you answer 'ol machine questions here? If not, please ignore my question.

Sweetie this is what the Shop is for!! So if you ever have any questions feel free to ask them here, remember we are all family in here!!

Now I like how you said "in theory" :lol: :lol: oh how that applies to half the things I do around here LOL! You might need to take the top of the machine off and see if you can see if there is anything keeping it from moving. It could be some lint or grime keeping it from moving or just needs a drop or two of oil to help it out. If that is not it see if there is something that is keeping it from moving, follow the path it takes and it just might just rear its ugly little head and then you can fix what ever it is. But I am looking towards the needing oil fix myself.

I hope this helps and I am pretty sure we might have a few owners here that might could help us out also. Let me know if I can do anything to help

Billy

great aunt jacqui 07-02-2010 07:00 AM

I havent taken pictures yet but my new home model NLB machine was free from the swap shop. it is in good condition but my main problem now is my instruction book. Aparently it had gotten wet. the pages are stuck together.
I've managed carefully to undo every othe page. DH says to put it in the micro with a cup of water to steam it open. he has never steered me wrong. will this work? or other advice?

Suzanne57 07-02-2010 07:01 AM

Does anyone have any information about a Kemore 120-710? It may be as old as 1955. I think it's one of those "oil-less" machines as there are no oil holes and I am having problems finding any info about them other than getting a manual for $21 which is almost as much as I paid for it. Pictures are at http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-52173-1.htm Thanks

quilt addict 07-02-2010 01:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay, here is the latest addition. I found this on CL and got it for $20. Sorry I didn't dust and clean her up, so these are the before pictures. Can you believe it?????? It is parched so will start oiling her up and work on the few places of rust. Serial No. 502163 and made in Japan badged as a Janome.

The bobbin holder is missing and not sure if there is more parts that should be there. Also need a needle plate as the little clip on the bottom that holds it on is broken. Billy can you help me find it in the shop? What type of bobbin with this take?

Now decisions, to treadle or hand crank? Doing a happy dance today!

Are there parts missing? Need bobbin holder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83588[/ATTACH]