Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

SewExtremeSeams 05-02-2010 06:36 PM

wait.... I just found it.

Katia, your machine is so beautiful. Sorry I don't know anything about it. I am sure when Billy shows up, he will know. Great buy. $45 is a very good price. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Katia 05-02-2010 06:47 PM

The shop had two more and I am thinking about going back. One was a little smaller and had that matt kinda finish. And the other had lots and lots of scroll work, so pretty. They all were those wooden top rounded type ones. I thought they were very reasonable for vintage machines. I found several others in thrift shops that were really beat up and filthy and they wanted well over 200 for them.

I am visiting my daughter in Central CA, and waiting on a new granddaughter. This is sure giving me something else to kill time with. I flew here so I am with out my machine and that is driving me crazy.

ginnie6 05-02-2010 07:17 PM

Jody, I like your White too. It looks similar kind of to my new Home in the color and the way the motor is set up. Do you know what year yours was made?

Charlee 05-02-2010 07:22 PM

Katia, Billy will either confirm or blow my thought out of the water, but I think your new baby is a 15K110... :)

Remember in a thrift shop to make an offer!! I never pay the asking price for "bigger ticket" items there...usually don't do it in antique stores either! (Ask for a "recession price"!)

Jody...that White is VERY nice!! :)

Jody 38 05-02-2010 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by Jody 38
Here's some pictures of my old white sewing machine.

Hi Jody :-D I love your White sewing machine. It looks similar to the one I just purchased. Do you know the manufacturing date, etc.? I just posted pictures a little bitty go but as yet, have not posted pictures of all of the attachments that came with it. I would love to know more about your machine. :-D :thumbup:

No I don't know the manufacturing date, that's what I'm trying to find out. I bought this machine in the 70's. I used it alot and then got a newer machine. So it hasn't been used for a long time. I bought a singer featherweight 221 this winter. So I started thinking about my White machine. It has problems now, Billy said to use lots of WD 40, so I'll be working on it, trying to get it running again. I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some idea of it's age.

Jody

:) :) :-) :-) :-) :-) :) :)

Lostn51 05-02-2010 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
Hi, I just posted some pictures in a different thread I started of the new (old) treasure I just got. I am not having much luck figuring what she is and all that. I would love some help and was told this is the place to come for vintage sewing machine info.

I included your thread in the Virtual forum because of the importance and rarity of your machine. You have a Singer 101 and it was only in production for 12 years made between 1920-1932.

You got it for a really good price and you should be very proud of your purchase!!!

The one thing I really want to know is, is it aluminum? If it is that makes it even more valuable.

Billy

Lostn51 05-02-2010 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I wanted to add a few more pictures. Hope y'all don't mind.

You have a jewel Linda!!! I have always loved the embossed Whites and one of these days I will have one! It is amazing the condition it is in and the nickel plating is gorgeous!!!

But I think it would look better in my house than yours...... :P :P :P

Billy

Lostn51 05-02-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by LeeJay
I purchased a small Singer sewing machine which is labeled "featherweight". It does not look like the other featherweight machine pictures I have seen. It is white plastic, has 6 stitch options, two speed options and converts to free-arm. I purchased it for a whopping $8.00. What can you tell me about this machine? Is it truly a "featherweight"?

Well its not vintage but it was a good price!

Billy

Katia 05-02-2010 07:51 PM

I am pretty sure it is not aluminum, it is dang heavy! It looks kinda bad in the pictures, but that is mostly dust. The underneath is pristine.

Thanks so much, I was pretty excited. Now I just want to use it. But I need to buy needles and all that. I hope I can get it to run right so I can use it.

Lostn51 05-02-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by whisper2btrflys
Billy, started cleaning my 1913 treddle sewing machine today but hubby had a question maybe you can answer.. Would it be better just to clean everything up as best we can and just refinish the cabinet or leave the cabinet as is. (ugly lol). I know by refinishing it will lose value but I just had to have it. I do need a belt and a bobbin case and bobbin.... So far I have just put oil on it to take off some of the rust and lossen parts up.. It has no decals on it so have to get those too.-Any help you can give me I would appreciate. Still trying to get a picture of her (I call it a her lol)

You could refinish it if you think it needs it. Yes it hurts the originality but then if it looks like poop then it can not be anything but an improvement!

Billy