Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Annaquilts 09-19-2010 08:44 AM

I started with a Spartan I found for $5 at a garage sale last spring! That Spartan gave me the bug! I now have 5 treadles, and a 99K, all found at garage sales or Craig's List. The most I paid for any of them was $65 for my newest 1989 Hand Crank/treadle! Just start looking, you'll be surprised as to what you can find!

Nancy

Nancy[/quote]

Thanks for the warm welcome back too!

That hand cranck treadle sounds intresting. do you have a pictures posted some where?

BoJangles 09-19-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts

Thanks for the warm welcome back too!

That hand cranck treadle sounds intresting. do you have a pictures posted some where?

Yes, I do and I LOVE that machine. It is a Model 28 3/4 size in a really nice cabinet posted on page 352!

Nancy

BoJangles 09-19-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

According to charts, it's a Model 27. Definitely a refurbished machine--very nicely done.

Miz Johnny don't you mean a Model 127? The bobbin winder is up high? Howard's machine looks more like a combination of both my 127 and 27? Interesting.

Nancy

Pins n' Ndls 09-19-2010 10:31 AM

A model 127 AND 27 !! No wonder I was (am ) confused. Holy Toledo!!! Where to go from here ?? What a dilemma! Lots of fun though don't you think.

Miz Johnny 09-19-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

According to charts, it's a Model 27. Definitely a refurbished machine--very nicely done.

Miz Johnny don't you mean a Model 127? The bobbin winder is up high? Howard's machine looks more like a combination of both my 127 and 27? Interesting.

Nancy

The chart says 27. That doesn't mean it's right of course!! I have seen machines switched from low to high bobbin winders, but Howard's doesn't seem to have the place to attach it lower down--there was actually a cast-in spot for that. That could have been ground off as well, but not likely.

Your guess is as good as mine!!

Crossstitcher 09-19-2010 05:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok Billy, what do you think of this one. Think we made a good deal? But remember it hasn't been cleaned yet. We are going to call it Stradivarius (rare fiddle).

Lostn51 09-19-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Ok Billy, what do you think of this one. Think we made a good deal? But remember it hasn't been cleaned yet. We are going to call it Stradivarius (rare fiddle).

I AM IN LOVE!!!!

Its killing me to know what you paid for it, I know it is not much but if you got it for under $500 you did wonderful!!!

A Singer 12K........Your a lucky girl!!!

Billy

Crossstitcher 09-19-2010 05:51 PM

Yes got it for way under 500.00. This machine is DH he found it yesterday and we went back for it today. Also on the way out I bought a 401 for 5.00. Got home and it works. Needs to be cleaned really bad. Didn't come with any attachments but found a box of those also with a new singer buttonholder all for 4.00. Not a bad weekend at all. (Glad we had our truck) :lol: :lol:

Annaquilts 09-19-2010 06:01 PM

OK our loot for the weekend. One 301, just the machine and missing the bobbin holder, one green Elna with some wear with feet and cams but no case and one green Elna in better condition with a case but no cams and no feet. Everything needs work but both DH and I are pretty excited about our buys. Also one funky pink Broadway deluxe zig zag machine in a table in poor shape.Not sure if that one is salvagable. It always bothers me when the damage on a machine is from plain destructiveness versus wear and tear from usage. Pitty.

Crossstitcher 09-19-2010 06:08 PM

Way to go girl! Sounds like you and your DH had a good weekend too. Isn't it fun when the DH likes these machine as much as you do? :) :)