Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage SIngers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-singers-t208310.html)

lakekids 12-13-2012 04:53 AM

I spent $130 for my longbed 301A on etsy.com in good working condition. It came with a case but the corner joints were all broken so I threw it away.. I also found a cardtable for it on etsy for $85. I snapped that up.

I just paid $189 on ebay for a featherweight with a case. I have not received it yet so I can't validate it's condition.

nanna-up-north 12-13-2012 05:43 AM

Prices vary. I have 4 FWs... $280 at an auction, $250 including a FW cabinet at an estate sale, $225 on CL, and $80 at an estate sale. All are in great shape and some have extra attachments...some have no attachments. Just keep your eyes open. There are lots of them still out there. As you can see, I have trouble passing them up.

I don't know about 301 prices but I would think much less than FWs. I would expect less than $50 around here.

didi 12-13-2012 05:45 AM

I just bought a 301a long extended base last week for $125 in Arkansas (while visiting) in great shape with everything.
I have two FW, one I bought for $200 and then the other I got at a Yard sale for $75, and it had the table with it (Card type) in great shape a week after buying the first one (go figure). So I think it just depends on where your are and your luck. Craig list is the best place I think....couldn't find a 301 here in AL, but I did in AR. Maybe if you have family in another state, they can keep an eye out for you???

vanginney 12-13-2012 01:32 PM

I put an ad on my local craigslist type board in my city - I think with the heading. 'Don't throw away your old sewing machine away -I will pick it up'. Just got a reply from someone who has a treadle they want to give away. When I asked the model, they seemed confused and just said it one that 'works with a pedal'....think I might pick it up tonight.

I think some people value older items...and some don't - you just have to find someone who doesn't :)

tenngal 12-13-2012 02:20 PM

I paid $110 for my 301 and anywhere from $60 to $250 for my 5 FW's

Charlee 12-14-2012 06:31 AM

The spousal unit bought my FW for my birthday a few years ago, $300...because it was the same year I was born. You can get better prices if you watch for them.
When I knew we were getting together for a family reunion last summer, I started looking on the Craigs list for the areas that different family members were coming from and found my 301 for $75...Aunt Kandi picked it up for me and brought it to the reunion. :)

miriam 12-14-2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5719520)
The spousal unit bought my FW for my birthday a few years ago, $300...because it was the same year I was born. You can get better prices if you watch for them.
When I knew we were getting together for a family reunion last summer, I started looking on the Craigs list for the areas that different family members were coming from and found my 301 for $75...Aunt Kandi picked it up for me and brought it to the reunion. :)

Good price on the 301 - about double that around here

beckya81 12-14-2012 08:27 PM

I just bought a 301A long extended base on eBay for $94.00 plus shipping. It is in excellent condition with the original box full of all the tools, manual and case. The case has a full spots but other wise is is like it was rarely used.

DonnaMiller 12-14-2012 09:49 PM

I really prefer my 301 to the FW, because it is more depandable and steady sewer. The 301 was $40 on Ebay because it was dirty and didn't sparkle. I cleaned it and now it is a sparkly machine, a joy to sew with. I prefer to use it and it is heavier, but worth the trouble. It had the original case, but to travel, one of the cheap plastic boxes from Wal-Mart makes it easier to tote. The FW hasn't been used since the 301 came home.

rosie99 12-15-2012 04:14 AM

I picked up a 301 Mocha long bed with the case and a full box of feet, buttonholer, and zigzag attachment for $100.00 in June. It is in great shape. And about 2 weeks ago I got another 301 (LBOY) for $35. Haven't seen that one yet as my nephew is bringing home next Friday but he said it is in great condition. I love the 301.