Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   What are these attachments for ? Kenmore Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/what-these-attachments-kenmore-machine-t190727.html)

sharon b 06-03-2012 02:51 PM

What are these attachments for ? Kenmore Machine

2 Attachment(s)
I recently acquired a Kenmore Machine for my nephew- it had a box of attachments with it and we have no clue what these are for - any thoughts [ATTACH=CONFIG]339716[/ATTACH] Sorry the pics are kind of blurry :( [ATTACH=CONFIG]339717[/ATTACH] Thanks for your help

Charlee 06-03-2012 03:40 PM

Top pic, the 5 to the left are hemmers...they attach to a foot that has a "button" on it to slide them over.
Top pic, top right. Ruffler
Top pic, middle bottom. It's either a quilting foot or a button foot, can't tell for sure.
Top pic, bottom right. Edge stitcher.

Bottom pic. Top two. I dunno...can't make out what they are! The bottom item is a bias tape cutting guide, looks like it may be broken? You would slip the hook part of it over your bottom scissor blade, slide your fabric into it, and it will keep your bias an even width. The "hook" on it looks pretty short tho...

Charlee 06-03-2012 03:41 PM

Looking again, the bottom pic, top two... Looks like a binding attachment and maybe an adjustable hemmer? They'd attach the same way as the other hemmers.

J Miller 06-03-2012 04:25 PM

These are Greist attachments and in this case are long shank, or extra long shank Kenmore accessories.
Keep them with the machine, they are not as easy to come by as the regular low shank versions.

Top pic, top row:
Hemmer, hemmer, hemmer, ruffler

Top pic, second row:
Hemmer, hemmer, button foot, edge stitcher.

Bottom pic:
Top, don't know,
Bottom, bias cutting guide,
Right: That is the adapter you attach the other feet too. There were two kinds. One with the spring loaded button and tab you slid the feet onto, the second, this one, had a thumb screw on the back to tighten the button that holds the attachments.
This foot also doubles as a quilting foot.

Joe

path49 06-03-2012 07:12 PM

I don't think the foot in the middle of the bottom row in the 1st picture is a button foot...no place to put something to create a shank. But then not all of them have that. Not a quilting foot either...there's a slot for the needle instead of the needle lowering in front of the foot.

If you look at it closely, it appears to raise up a step toward the back. So I'm thinking it's a gathering foot.

sharon b 06-04-2012 06:37 AM

THANK YOU everyone I will pass the info on to my nephew - I doubt he will ever use them but he was curious- and I said I know just the place to get the info :)

He may play with them on the machine - just to see how they work :thumbup: He has the machine in his room but tells his friends it is his moms she is just "storing" it in his room - at 13 and a guy it just isn't cool to sew LOL

J Miller 06-04-2012 07:36 AM

There are instructions on the web on how to use those attachments and feet. Shouldn't be terribly hard to find them.

Joe