Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   What vintage Singer do you prefer? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/what-vintage-singer-do-you-prefer-t51373.html)

Annaquilts 07-05-2010 10:27 PM

I am not sure yet as I haven't used them. My hubby uses the Feather Weight and I just got a 15-91 electric. We also bought another model 15 that was made in England and has the out side motor. We want to put it on a treadle. I have been looking for a treadle but not found the right one yet. I am interested in a 201 but seen only electric. Now you all have my curiosity perked about the 301. Maybe if I find an affordable 99 Spartan I need that one too. LOL

Annaquilts 07-05-2010 10:28 PM

That pink machine is to die for. Which quilting lady would not love that. Definitely do not sell or if you do, let me know first. LOL

shequilts 07-05-2010 10:57 PM

I love to sew with a Featherweight, 'keep it right beside the Bernina.

Lostn51 07-07-2010 06:57 AM

I am going to see if I can find a fixer upper FW to repaint myself. Not that I would ever use it, according to some around here (which shall remain nameless) I have a serious aversion to electrical cords :mrgreen:

So she will be the happy recipient of the machine and she can use it like she stole it

Billy

Annaquilts 08-23-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Scraffy
I am afraid I have caught the vintage sewing machine bug! I have been looking at singer 301, 401 and rocketeers. If you could have any of the three, which would you choose, and why?

Now I have the 301 and it is my favorite! I also have a 15 91 electric, Singer 66 treadle and several feather weights. I am also wonderign if I need the 401, 404 or 500. LOL

ChubbyBunny 08-23-2010 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by trif
Here is a pic of my cute pink girl.

I LOVE your little pink featherweight!!! If you ever decide to sell her, please let us know. I would be very interested.

KatFish 08-24-2010 09:31 AM

I love my feather weight, also love my 301, 401 and 500 as well. If I had to pick just one? I can't. DH also got me a 99 on ebay, so after playing with it I might even love it too. Just love them all. Those old vintage singers are really work horses. I really like that the feather weight and 301 are portable. So I guess to answer your question, I prefer any of those old Singers.

redpurselady 08-24-2010 09:49 AM

I have a Featherweight and a 128-23. I would love to have a red Featherweight and that is my goal right now. They are just so cute. I already have her name picked - "Ruby Jewel 2". My red car (Toyota Venza) is the original Ruby Jewel.

Jerudy 08-24-2010 10:19 AM

Hey redpurselady, that's so cool, my featherweights name is "Ruby" also, though she is not red either. I love her so much that I just purchased a second one, and it should be arriving any day now. I don't want to say what her name is going to be until I get her safely, I don't want to jinx her arrival....What is it with this obsession I'm getting to these little gems?????