Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   What is your Holy Grail? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/what-your-holy-grail-t272794.html)

Mickey2 11-30-2015 03:10 AM

Here most 201s are motor or treadle, and I so want to try the potted motor first hand. My hope is that a 201K2 will turn up, very dirty is all right, as long as it shines up and decals and paint are nice I'm happy. There are two prewar Bernina models, heavy cast irion zigzaggers, I am looking for one to turn up closer to me, but shipping from US is not totally out of the question.

Manalto 11-30-2015 03:35 AM

Singer 320 (the free-arm version of the 319). I don't think they were made in (or imported to) the U.S., so I guess I'm including a color-coordinated 110V motor with that request.

Pfaff 138 industrial. I'm 6'3" so most domestic machines (and cabinets) feel slightly out of scale to me. This Pfaff has a good reputation and a roomy throat space.

Are attachments allowed? If so, Singer Walking Foot attachment #160741 at a sensible price. I don't know if I want it to keep; I just would like to see what all the fuss is about.

miriam 11-30-2015 04:24 AM

I think I already have the holy grail somewhere in my shop....

Mickey2 11-30-2015 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 7390298)
I think I already have the holy grail somewhere in my shop....

Is it the one who takes 5 years of your age for every hour you sew on it?

miriam 11-30-2015 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mickey2 (Post 7390394)
Is it the one who takes 5 years of your age for every hour you sew on it?

No but trying to find it in ther might do that.

tessagin 11-30-2015 07:31 AM

Would love to have the machines back that were set on the curb. That's not going to happen. Oh well. Not to dwell. I keep checking the thrift stores around here and still way over-priced for machines I wouldn't even use for doorstop in a barn.

KLO 11-30-2015 08:23 AM

I lust after a Rocketeer but really don't have room for anymore ... and I don't really have that many. I also would like to have a handcrank but at some point I think I will buy just the wheel and crank for my 128 or 99K both in Bento Boxes. Mostly what I need/could use is more room but then I guess a lot of us could say that!

It's nice that we can all have these dreams and that some of them do come true.

Macybaby 11-30-2015 09:20 AM

Let's see . . .

I'm really wanting the early Boye needle display case - the one that has Singer as #11 and White as #15. That will make #4, and I really only want to have two of them, one of each numbering system.

For machines, I don't know if I have any "holy grail" right now. I'm thinking of getting a later Singer 12 hand crank. It would replace my 1868 model.

I'm still looking for "Supre Macy" found one, but the name decal was in poor shape, and that is the important part for getting one! Though I'm thinking I'll name my long arm "Macy" and that will help with my user name (original MacyBaby was the nickname for a horse I bought as a weanling and sold several years ago).

And I'd love to find a Style #1 puzzle box!

Ok - so maybe my one true "holy grail" item at this time is a Singer Penguin Foot that won't cost more than a mortgage payment to obtain!

SteveH 11-30-2015 09:43 AM

I think we still have our Supre-Macy (left homing ZZ machine. And it need a new home!)

SteveH 11-30-2015 10:14 AM

My Holy Grail of sewing machine wants is ANY machine with a verifiable date in the 1850's