Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Who's got a Borletti? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/whos-got-borletti-t241642.html)

frudemoo 02-21-2014 04:13 AM

Who's got a Borletti?

....because now I have TWO and I need a buddy! :)

Picking it up tomorrow, but you can see the auction pictures here (scroll down to view the gallery).

The other (electric) Borletti I have is the model 1102 which looks exactly like this one except green.

I shamefacedly admit that I have not even played with the 1102 properly yet. It still awaits cleaning but I know that it stitches and that's about it. What is amazing me is the complete lack of info available online for these machines. Apparently there's a Yahoo group, but I can't get the links to work or pages to load.

These Italian made machines have a great reputation alongside Necchi. I am mostly looking forward to comparing them to my Necchis to check out the differences and note my own preference in terms of design and sewability. It's fascinating to me that I've managed to pick up both a Necchi treadle with almost identical irons and now this original Borletti in Australia. It seems they were most likely brought over from Italy with their original owners. I wish I could meet those owners now!

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone whose got one or knows anything about the model. I'd particularly like to know what the deal is with that red button thing that's bolted to the underside of the harp area. Maybe it's the wine, but I really can't guess.....

ThayerRags 02-21-2014 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I’ve got a Green/Crème Borletti New Home 1102 Super De Luxe Automatic, but I don’t know anything about it.

CD in Oklahoma

frudemoo 02-21-2014 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6587513)
I’ve got a Green/Crème Borletti New Home 1102 Super De Luxe Automatic, but I don’t know anything about it.

CD in Oklahoma

Oh well that makes two of us! Still nice to know who my fellow Borlettians are ... and that's exactly the same as mine, except mine has this funky black housing that it sits in - with the flip up bed like a Featherweight. The accessory box sits in the base and the foot controller clips into the flip-up section. Very cute and tidy!

ThayerRags 02-21-2014 06:58 AM

Photos?

CD in Oklahoma

Rodney 02-21-2014 07:02 AM

Interesting treadle table. Looks like a diamond pattern in the surface. It should clean up nicely.
Rodney

Candace 02-21-2014 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by frudemoo (Post 6587432)
....because now I have TWO and I need a buddy! :)

Picking it up tomorrow, but you can see the auction pictures here (scroll down to view the gallery).

What is amazing me is the complete lack of info available online for these machines. Apparently there's a Yahoo group, but I can't get the links to work or pages to load.

Try using a different browser? I don't have any issues. The yahoo group is the best resource.

frudemoo 02-21-2014 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6587815)
Try using a different browser? I don't have any issues. The yahoo group is the best resource.

Good idea Candace. Hadn't thought of that. What browser do you use? I'm using Safari on a Mac

Candace 02-21-2014 02:04 PM

I'm using the same. But, I've found I sometimes have issues with Safari so use Firefox if need be.

Sunflowerzz 02-21-2014 02:09 PM

Cool machines and the table is very good looking. To me it does resemble the Necchi BU Mira a lot. I think once you get it up and running you won't want to part with it.

Monroe 02-21-2014 10:24 PM

Have to say I've never heard of a Borletti. I learn a lot from hanging around here!