Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Why would a seller do this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/why-would-seller-do-t192535.html)

jennb 06-22-2012 07:45 PM

Why would a seller do this?

Ok, so before I bought my last 2 machines I had made an offer on a Damascus treadle. She has photos of the machine and all the attachments and the manual was included. So today she emails me back and counter offers 10.00 more than what I offered, however she says "you can have all the attachments but I'll keep instruction manual." Why would a seller do that, when the ad already shows photos of it and included it in the original sale?

J Miller 06-22-2012 07:49 PM

Because she had someone make her an offer for the manual only.
I'd counter her counter offer with; if the manual that is shown in the adds does not come with the machine I'll pass. No sale.

Joe

suebee 06-22-2012 07:53 PM

Well, I dont know whats wrong with this board and trying to reply to posts. i just wrote a lengthy response and hit "post quick reply" and I get some dumb error message that says my response is too short, if I browser back everything I typed is gone. Anyway...dont do business with this person who has no integrity whatsoever. flakey to say the least.

jennb 06-22-2012 07:56 PM

I'm going to pass anyway. The cabinet isn't in good enough shape to warrant the extra 10.00 she wants, plus I'd rather have the one I saw today.

Charlee 06-22-2012 08:15 PM

That's exactly what she's doing....she can probably make as much on the manual as she can on the sewing machine itself.

Smart pass! (Go get that other one tho! LOL)

Caroline S 06-23-2012 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 5309848)
Well, I dont know whats wrong with this board and trying to reply to posts. i just wrote a lengthy response and hit "post quick reply" and I get some dumb error message that says my response is too short, if I browser back everything I typed is gone. Anyway...dont do business with this person who has no integrity whatsoever. flakey to say the least.

Suebee when you reply to a post make sure you start typing after the quote in brackets at the end. It took me a while to figure out the error message also.

BuzzinBumble 06-24-2012 06:36 AM

You made a wise decision - someone who would renig like that is too havey cavey!

zenquilter 06-24-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 5309848)

Thank you, Suebee! I have been "lurking" on the board for weeks because I couldn't figure out how to reply. Now I can submit my two cents'worth!