Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Is This Worth Anything? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/worth-anything-t188743.html)

MarLeClair 05-11-2012 04:58 PM

Is This Worth Anything?

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this treadle in Iowa in the 80's from an estate sale. It is a singer, with a shuttle and according to the serial number was born in 1927. Everything moves I just have never set it up. I do have a new belt and along with the machine and cabinet there is a pinking attachment and the puzzle box with attachments. The instructions are also there. I am going to try to sell it sometime in the near future. What do you think I could ask Pictures attached (I hope).

MarLeClair 05-11-2012 05:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are two more pictures (I hope)

happyquiltmom 05-11-2012 06:27 PM

puzzle boxes in good condition with all the attachments are going for $40 and up on eBay right now...
Don't know about the machine.

Charlee 05-11-2012 06:31 PM

Pheasant decals are not quite as common as some of the others, the machine itself would be worth more if they were in better shape, but for the machine and cabinet? I'd say $75 to $100.
The attachments are probably worth just as much. The puzzle box around $40, the zigzagger around $15, and the pinker? I've seen those go anywhere from $25 to $75....(worth more with the box and instructions)

Of course, everything I've said to be taken with a grain of salt....it's simply my opinion, and I tried to stay to the high side...I tend to be cheap about these things and most likely wouldn't pay the prices I stated...but there are those that will/would...

Are you looking to sell them?

MarLeClair 05-12-2012 05:58 AM

Yes, I am going to sell everything. Can always use money to buy more material. Thanks for your input.

Janis 05-12-2012 07:08 AM

Are all the attachments for low shank machines?

Dakota Girl 05-12-2012 09:57 AM

Be sure to keep all of the attachments in their original boxes. That makes them more valuable and is important to a collector.

jbj137 05-13-2012 07:00 AM

I love it.

I have the wooden fold-out box, but no attachments for it.
The wood is beautiful.

J J

DonnaQuilts 05-13-2012 07:18 AM

Look on Ebay and you will get an idea of what they are worth. The puzzle boxes are available, but rare to find all the original attachments. Whe pinking attachments are rather scarce. When you add it all up, you'll be shocked to find how much it is realy worth. Please keep the attachments with the machine for the future. It is well worth fixing up and sewing away. You have a treasure and an attachment with the past.

jaciqltznok 05-13-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaQuilts (Post 5213725)
Look on Ebay and you will get an idea of what they are worth. The puzzle boxes are available, but rare to find all the original attachments. Whe pinking attachments are rather scarce. When you add it all up, you'll be shocked to find how much it is realy worth. Please keep the attachments with the machine for the future. It is well worth fixing up and sewing away. You have a treasure and an attachment with the past.

just remember if using EBAY for suggested prices, to search for items that have sold recently...then you know what people are really paying and not what stupid people are asking to get...IE: $800 for it all is not realistic, $200 is more in line!