Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   You bought another What? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/you-bought-another-what-t250394.html)

Reba'squilts 07-19-2014 04:05 AM

You bought another What?

2 Attachment(s)
Yep...that's what my husband said when I went shopping at VInnies in Ontonagon. I found this super clean Japanese machine. No attachments or book. It sews nicely. When I went to clean it.....I did not find anything dirty!!! Do know it had been used because I found lint under the feed dogs. The motor says brother on it. The serial # is B96659245. Also says J-A-28 written on the body. I think the model #is 45 4106 S m 5 41060. Wish I could find a manual....or even threading directions. Looked funny when I did it...but worked. Does anyone know anything about this machine. Oh...I paid $7.50.

Macybaby 07-19-2014 04:52 AM

hehehe - yesterday I had the timer set so I would remember about an eBay auction that was ending. Later my DH asked me "So, what did you buy on eBay?" and before I answered, he added, with a roll to his eyes " let me guess, another sewing machine".

Monroe 07-19-2014 05:41 AM

I bet it's sturdy and reliable. Good Find- Great price!

J Miller 07-19-2014 08:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well the pics are upside down and sideways and I can't read the badge. Looks like it says Coronado but I can't tell.
As far as I know Coronado is either a Wards or Gambles department store brand.
If yours is a Gambles machine it will say Gambles in the horizontal bar right under the crown.

My Coronado Princess clone is a Gambles machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484020[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484021[/ATTACH]
NOTE, ETA: These pics were taken before I cleaned her up.
I didn't realize how icky she looked here.

J-A 28 is one of the codes for Brother.

Joe

Rodney 07-19-2014 08:10 AM

Nice get! How did you get it to hang from the ceiling like that? ;)
Rodney

jbj137 07-19-2014 11:01 AM

Green with envy

Battle Axe 07-20-2014 03:25 AM

Never tell them until the last minute, when the doorbell rings and it's the UPS man with your purchase. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

mjhaess 07-21-2014 08:37 AM

Good find...Enjoy..

Carol34446 07-21-2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 6809309)
Never tell them until the last minute, when the doorbell rings and it's the UPS man with your purchase. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

That is for sure. Had a chance to buy a dog we bred back and DH said no. I finally bought her, picked her up at airport as she had flown back from Houston, TX to Tampa. When we came home with her he asked where I got her and I told him I found her in Wal Mart parking lot. Of course he knew better but she has been here for years since then and is our goofy girl and gave us some great babies. Goes to show, sometime you just have to buy and then explain. And she now sleeps with us every night and is 12 years old. So ladies go for it if you really want it.

Reba'squilts 07-21-2014 03:30 PM

I buy dogs too!!! Love my furry friends. So I am wondering if everyone sees the pictures upside down. I don't. Not on my iPad, phone or daughters computer. So I am not sure what I was doing wrong. Hate that the pictures did not post right. The machine is a Coronado Duchess. Sorry about the pics....can't figure it out!