Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Quilts made using vintage machines! >

Quilts made using vintage machines!

Quilts made using vintage machines!

Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
I'll put a wall hanging over that hole, made by my then teenage DS; its got batting stuffed in it. It used be his bedroom, now houses my treadle machines.
Thanks for sharing. Glad you got the room for your treadles. The 201s are one of the best vintage machines!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by barbo117 View Post
Since I got my Singer 301 I make all my quilts on it, just seems like they turn out so pretty and don't seem to have the problems that I had before I got her. That gentle purr just makies me want to sew and sew!! I have 4 other sewing machines but "Agie Pearl" is my "go to" girl. I think my mom, (her name was Agnes Pearl) who was a fabulous sewer/quilter is watching over me and Agie. Thanks mom!!!!!
Please post your quilts that you make with your 301 here on this thread. It's fun seeing the projects that others do using their vintage machines! Enjoy your Agie Pearl!!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM

AnnieRose, my 1956 301 has finished another. She has two more in the making now. Here is her Carpenter Star from last month.
Attached Thumbnails laura-front.jpg   laura-back.jpg  
Old 11-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Great colors, and the quilting is nice and intricate! I'm not brave enough yet to try more than stippling or straight lines.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
AnnieRose, my 1956 301 has finished another. She has two more in the making now. Here is her Carpenter Star from last month.
I love your Carpenter Star and the color are gorgeous!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:11 AM

Wow! That Carpenter star is beautiful and the quilting is awesome...I can only hope! I just did a bed-size quilt for my self and FMQ'ed the whole thing with the feed dogs up! Grrr...surpisingly, it still looks good!
Old 12-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Five vintage machines went to work to help me make this quilt.
Piecing was done with Eldredge Two Spools and Singer 201.
Purple decorative stitching with Singer 328K in treadle.
Quilting and attaching binding with Davis NVF.
Decorative stitching to finish off binding with Singer 401A, the only electric machine used.
This was a "quilt as you go" project. Front of quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293198[/ATTACH]
Back of quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293199[/ATTACH]
Decorative stitch on binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293200[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3987.jpg   img_3988.jpg   img_3985.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Muv

Oh my goodness - all those big quilts taking shape! I've been seriously sidetracked by the doll quilt swaps, all part of the learning process for when I do my first big quilt quilted at home. I am studying all your quilts for inspiration...

In the meantime, here is my second doll quilt for November, just the same as the last one but with the lights and darks reversed.
Attached Thumbnails 009.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Oh my goodness - all those big quilts taking shape! I've been seriously sidetracked by the doll quilt swaps, all part of the learning process for when I do my first big quilt quilted at home. I am studying all your quilts for inspiration...

In the meantime, here is my second doll quilt for November, just the same as the last one but with the lights and darks reversed.
I love this doll quilt! Working with half square is always fun and interesting with the many ways the look of the arrangement takes. Plus, one can use up scraps and put together a quilt rather quickly, depending on the size of the half squares.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muv View Post

I can't believe you've only made doll quilts--they seem so much harder to me than larger quilts. On that scale, it seems any errors would show up much more! Beautiful work.

Vintagemotif: Very nice! A QAYG is on my to-do list. Did you piece the blocks and then quilt them to the backing and batting pieces? I've seen some that are more sew-and-flip, but yours doesn't look like that.