Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 66 75 76
Results 1,876 to 1,884 of 1884

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Margaret F,
    Thank you for showing me your quilt top. I like how you set the blocks, it gives it a more organized look. I still need to sew borders on my top, it'll be random lengths of 3.5" strips; left overs from another quilt.
    I haven't decided if I'm using the big Pfaff or try to FMQ with the 1936 Singer 201K treadle.
    My quilt will be going to The Linus Connection.org, for an in-need child in central Texas.
    Sharon in Texas

Sharon, I still haven't quilted this one! It's going to a mission so I need to get it done!

I do a lot of quilts for Linus, too. They are a great group of people and are doing such a wonderful thing for the children.
    Margaret F

Thanks, Margaret. Not a work of art, but she liked it just the same. lol

Very pretty, Margaret! If I ever get caught up, I want to make a strip quilt like that, maybe rainbow. I don't know. With a same center strip. Just day dream piecing

Morganfam7, strip quilts are great for when you just want to sew without thinking about it! I used a paper foundation for this one. I've used muslin squares as a foundation in the past, but it makes the quilt very heavy. A friend told me that using pages from an old phone book was the easiest way to get lightweight paper that pulls off easily. I had used Carol Doak's foundation paper, myself. The great thing about these quilts is that the strips can be any width, and don't even have to be straight! Wonky strips make it lots of fun
    Margaret F

Margaret if you use use gift wrapping tissue paper you don't even have to remove the paper from your blocks. That type of tissue paper just dissolves away when you wash the quilt.

Cari

Wow, Cari, I didn't know that! Taking the paper off is always such an ordeal with my arthritic thumb. I will try that soon!
    Margaret F

I learned that from Pirate(Shelley Rodgers), the same person I learned to do bias binding from. She is my quilting hero!

Cari

Cari, that's a great tip! I;m going to try it.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 66 75 76