Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sears & Roebuck  (Minnesota )Model F >

Sears & Roebuck (Minnesota )Model F

Sears & Roebuck (Minnesota )Model F

Old 12-24-2017, 06:06 PM

Default Sears & Roebuck (Minnesota )Model F

I am refurbishing a Sears & Roebuck (Minnesota Model F) sewing machine. The base details are beautiful. The machine is a little smaller than usual but still the cabinet is in good condition and will be beautiful when I am done. However I am trying so hard to find decals for this machine with no avail. Any one have any ideas ? The two typical places I would buy my decals don’t carry these
Old 12-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Banned

There may not be any. There were thousands of different decals used on sewing machines and only a few, relatively speaking, have been reproduced.

Cari
Old 12-24-2017, 09:23 PM

If n if n if.... if you can find someone with a model F with great decals, They might be persuaded to take pictures. Then if you can find someone who can print decals and get them the right size and then you might have to pay a significant price.

Another idea is to commission an artist and paint the gold on.

We'd love to see a pic of your F if you can shrink a pic down to 640 pixels on the long side.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:08 AM

I have an old Queen vibrating shuttle machine, restored and working. I think (not sure) that this is the same machine as the Minnesota. The manual for the Queen is available (Tias, I think). Might be worth looking over. There is a similar model, "Home Queen" or something, which is not the same machine as the one-word Queen. The Queen takes a slightly longer needle than your usual needle, though you can in a pinch just set a regular need down 3/16" or so, as I recall. Otherwise the lower thread will not pick up. It's a nice running machine with a beautiful sound. I can be more precise about all this (I have notes and can look at the machine, which I have not yet sold (I am not in business, but they do tend to proliferate if you don't sell or gift one from time to time!), if that might be helpful.

Last edited by Brass Head; 12-26-2017 at 10:11 AM.