Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sewing machine turns out much better than expected. >

Sewing machine turns out much better than expected.

Sewing machine turns out much better than expected.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:04 PM

Sunflowerzz - This is for a longarm machine, but Amy does a great job of explaining what and why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpcnAHeJP4s&feature=c4-overview&list=UUyHs2O8pXagQrQ-xm6ssu5QET

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpcnAHeJP4s&amp;feature=c4-overview&amp;list=UUyHs2O8pXagQrQ-xm6ssu5Q" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpcnAHeJP4s ETA: There's more than "noise reduction" going on in the box on your machine. The video says that it's mostly for noise reduction and that's true for an APQS machine, they have anti friction stuff built in - PTFE maybe? The older domestic machines are a little different. The priciples are the same though and she goes into detail than I really want to type.

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 12-06-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 AM

Neat video. I have to admit, I'm not packing them like that. Guess I need to fill them up much more than I do.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Neat video. I have to admit, I'm not packing them like that. Guess I need to fill them up much more than I do.
I wasn't either I was quite surprised when I watched it, it makes sense though. The longarms are faster machines though (that one's about 3500 spm at its peek) , I wonder if they heat it and whip it up more causing more air pockets? It seems more like settling in the domestics.

I'm guessing one might not want to pack it too tight if the grease is thick though. Might be harder for the hook gear to push through? Worth experimenting though.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Thank you, thank you, that is what I needed.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:21 PM

i just acquired this very machine but mine did not have all that gunk in it. it looks really clean. I only have one cam and a trying to find the missing cams. Not sure if the machine will work very good without them. Did you ever find any cams for it? I have looked everywhere and have been on every antique web site and on facebook groups but still have just the one.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Re: the cams you're looking for, did you try the following website? They claim to have New Home parts, but you need the model number.

https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/janome-sewing-machine-parts-model-list.aspx
Old 07-29-2019, 03:53 PM

Hola (no hablo inglés)

Mi mamá tiene este, modelo de máquina y necesita saber dónde puede encontrar un manual de instrucciones o alguna persona que nos pueda decir para qué sirven cada uno de los botones y palancas. Agradeceré mucho su ayuda.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

translated: My mom has this machine model and she needs to know where she can find an instruction manual or someone who can tell us what each of the buttons and levers are for. I will greatly appreciate your help.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by César Estrella View Post
Hola (no hablo inglés)

Mi mamá tiene este, modelo de máquina y necesita saber dónde puede encontrar un manual de instrucciones o alguna persona que nos pueda decir para qué sirven cada uno de los botones y palancas. Agradeceré mucho su ayuda.
Bienvenido a QuiltingBoard. Si no entiende o no habla inglés, intente utilizar Google Translate u otra herramienta de traducción. De lo contrario, se perderá las posibles respuestas. Gracias.

Welcome to the QuiltingBoard. If you do not understand or speak English, please try to use Google Translate or another translating tool. Otherwise, you will be missing out on possible replies. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Power Poster

What a cool looking machine! I would have been happy to pay $5 to have it sit on a shelf as a sewing room decoration. How nice that it still sews so lovely.