Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 201 & 3 (three!) Featherweights spotted!  In Portsmouth, VA >

Singer 201 & 3 (three!) Featherweights spotted! In Portsmouth, VA

Singer 201 & 3 (three!) Featherweights spotted! In Portsmouth, VA

Old 04-03-2012, 05:23 AM

Default Singer 201 & 3 (three!) Featherweights spotted! In Portsmouth, VA

I bought a long arm quilting machine and frame from someone in Portsmouth, VA yesterday, and I did some pretty significant drooling over the many vintage machines she had. Wow, she had a beautiful New Home treadle with a coffin top on a fabulous table. It wasn't for sale, but it was wonderful seeing one is such fine condition.

I spotted a beautiful 201 that was for sale! The Singer 201 is in wonderful condition. It's not in a table but the wiring was sound, and the paint looked great. I have no idea what else she has to go with it but it's there if anyone wants to check it out. Freida at Sew E-Z on Airline Blvd. http://www.sewe-z.com/index.html

She had 3 featherweights sitting on a shelf. All 3 are in a case and the most expensive one was $175! I hated leaving without one!!! Dang pocket book! And I thought she might see the lump under my shirt if I tried sneaking one out of the store. LOL

Once I get my long arm set up I'll be posting about that. We have to finish the ceiling and walls with drywall before I can set it up. Hopefully that will be finished this week.

Christine-
http://quiltdasher.blogspot.com/
Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 AM

Here's yet another 201! This one is a treadle that was converted to electric, but it's in a reproduction table. Are treadle conversions common out there? This one looks like a nice machine. $175 asking price for the machine and table!. Wow, what do you think? I have a 15-91 that I absolutely love, I need a 201 like a hole in the head. LOL I knew you guys would understand!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]324978[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]324977[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imgp1759.jpg   imgp1760.jpg  

Last edited by Christine-; 04-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
I bought a long arm quilting machine and frame from someone in Portsmouth, VA yesterday, and I did some pretty significant drooling over the many vintage machines she had. Wow, she had a beautiful New Home treadle with a coffin top on a fabulous table. It wasn't for sale, but it was wonderful seeing one is such fine condition.

I spotted a beautiful 201 that was for sale! The Singer 201 is in wonderful condition. It's not in a table but the wiring was sound, and the paint looked great. I have no idea what else she has to go with it but it's there if anyone wants to check it out. Freida at Sew E-Z on Airline Blvd. http://www.sewe-z.com/index.html

She had 3 featherweights sitting on a shelf. All 3 are in a case and the most expensive one was $175! I hated leaving without one!!! Dang pocket book! And I thought she might see the lump under my shirt if I tried sneaking one out of the store. LOL

Once I get my long arm set up I'll be posting about that. We have to finish the ceiling and walls with drywall before I can set it up. Hopefully that will be finished this week.

Christine-
http://quiltdasher.blogspot.com/
Thanks for posting info about this great shop. Wish it wasn't so totally out of my area...which is usually the case with all the good stores!! Do you know if they ship? Also, I didn't see but one machine listed in the Used Machines section and it was a newer Janome. Thanks again!!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:03 PM

Oh yes, she ships. She doesn't have the machines on her website. I was in her shop yesterday and saw them sitting there waiting for a good home. You know how a puppy looks at you with longing when you visit the shelter? I swear I could almost hear whimpering!

Her phone number is on the website, I should have explained when I posted her website. You need to call about the machines. She only lists Janome machines on the website. I sure would like one of the featherweights... they were calling to me as I left town.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:43 PM

I almost sent an email about the FWs, but forced myself not to. I'm sure you made some folks very happy with your news! Treadle conversions are fairly common in eastern NY.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 AM

Here's one last Featherweight she has. (I asked for a picture.) She's asking $300 for a mint condition machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325173[/ATTACH]

machine is in mint condition, has ruffler, case, button hole attachment, 1955 Singer Featherweight, serial AM169503 and was originally sold on e-bay for $610.00. I am asking $300 for it.

http:www.SewE-Z.com Her phone number is on the website. I'm not affiliated, just a very happy customer. I bought a Tin Lizzie 26" long arm and frame from her on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails featherweight.jpg  

Last edited by Christine-; 04-04-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM

And here's the 201 I saw on Monday. It's a really nice machine and has lots of attachments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325208[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
Here's the second 201! This one is a treadle that was converted to electric, but it's in a reproduction table. Are treadle conversions common out there? This one looks like a nice machine. $175 asking price for the machine and table!.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]324978[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]324977[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 201nocase.jpg  

Last edited by Christine-; 04-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:03 PM

Wow, wish I were closer...I would get that 201 in the repro cabinet even tho it has been converted to electric!!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325361[/ATTACH]

...and this is the last photo. I hope she finds a good home!
Attached Thumbnails singerwood.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 AM

I tore into my 15-91 yesterday, lubed and oiled it. I even took out the screws for the grease and replaced all the grease. I really need to take kerosene to her innards one of these days and get her really cleaned out. This has been fun, I hope these machines find happy homes. If a price isn't what you'd like, I'd say wait a week and then call to see if the machine is still sitting there. Negotiate! I once bought a BabyLock sewing/embroidery machine for half the price the dealer was asking simply because she wanted to get rid of me! LOL! She actually told me this! Too funny!