Singer 201 power cord Q

Old 01-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Does anyone know if a 1952 221k or 1956 99k foot pedal will fit a 201k?

Im looking at a 201 but it has a power cord, but no foot control pedal. Ive got 3 other singers that have the same foot control, and wondered if Icould use one of these on it, save buying another one.

BTW, its a 1941 201k

Thankyou!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:51 PM

not sure ask billy
Old 01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned

Yes you can if the foot control and the power card are the same all in one type. The male plug is the same on all of those machines.

Billy
Old 01-05-2011, 05:33 PM

My 201's both have bakelite button controllers that are wired onto the terminal block and separate power cords, but I don't know that all 201's are wired like that. Maybe some were wired with the all-in-one type of power cord and foot control.

You can replace either type of foot control very easily and it doesn't cost much. I replace all the button-type foot controls on my machines because they get hot if you run them steadily on anything less than flat-out. (which is exactly what you're doing with free-motion quilting)

I get all my parts from Jenny at sew-classic.com - If you order the electronic foot control and a cord, you can also order the wiring service and for about $3.00, Jenny will put it together and put harness rings on the ends in black and yellow so that you can see exactly how to hook it up to the terminal block.

Removing the terminal block is easy if your 201 is like mine - unplug the power cord from the terminal block and use a flat screwdriver to unscrew the long bolt that holds the terminal block to the machine. Unscrew the black and yellow post caps and put the black coded metal ring around the post under the black dot and put the cap back on. Put the yellow coded ring around the post under the yellow dot and put that cap back on and screw the terminal block back onto the machine. Plug it back in and test the controller.

It's a five minute fix and the newer electronic controllers are very smooth to operate. :)
Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Thanks for your replies....very helpful to me :-)