Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 500A "Rocketeer" complete restoration >

Singer 500A "Rocketeer" complete restoration

Singer 500A "Rocketeer" complete restoration

Old 11-13-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
My hat is off to you, sir. I once torched a bearing off a rear axle on a 66 Chevy. then I still had to take the axle to a press to get the new one on. isn't it fun to learn?

I have an ol d VS White where I suspect some heavy handed person put a puller on the rim of the balance wheel to try to get it off. Of coure, it broke. Glad you are so patient.

Thanks! Patience is definitely learned - a while back I blew the needle bar clamp cam off an 1899 Singer 27 by using it and the needle bar to stop the horizontal arm shaft while I twisted off the sticky handwheel. That one hurt, inside. I hadn't yet heard of penetrating oil. Thankfully 27 parts are easy to come by!
None of these things are barrel carbs tho...whew! I wouldn't even know where to start with a car.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:28 AM

"...The Four Tops "Bernadette" will be playing, and I'll plug her in and rev her up..."

What a gorgeous, drop dead beautiful job you did, and the Four Tops will be perfect accompaniment for her 'maiden' voyage!
Carolyn
Old 11-23-2019, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by ceblakeney View Post
"...The Four Tops "Bernadette" will be playing, and I'll plug her in and rev her up..."

What a gorgeous, drop dead beautiful job you did, and the Four Tops will be perfect accompaniment for her 'maiden' voyage!
Carolyn
Thanks Carolyn! It turns out I'm quite pleased with it. I'm always pretty fussy and worry unless things are "perfect" (the enemy of really good!) but it runs like a dream. Now to make things!