Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Suggestion for finding Pfaff parts number >

Suggestion for finding Pfaff parts number

Suggestion for finding Pfaff parts number

Old 09-28-2015, 02:32 AM

Default Suggestion for finding Pfaff parts number

Last week I posted that I had found a Pfaff 130 for only $30! Advice given on how to clean it was very much appreciated. It is wonderful to have such experts available on this board. Now I need to find a replacement screw for the motor mount and can't find it on any of the sites on-line (except if I also bought a new motor of it). I do not have a booklet that gives the name and number for that particular screw. Thank you in advance for your help. Pictures to follow after I get it re-assembled.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:59 AM

I don't have one, but you can get a manual at http://s2.vsmgroup.com/VSM/Pfaff/pfaffmanual.nsf
Just have to click, scroll down, click again
Mary
Old 09-28-2015, 05:48 AM
KLO

Mary, Thanks for this link. I have a Pfaff 30 treadle but never had a manual. Now I do thanks to you.

Carol, Hope this helps you find the screw you need and gets that machine back to working order.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:32 PM

Thank you for the responses; I do have the manual, but need the parts list and numbers. That screw that holds the motor on must be specialized as we are not able to find one that matches the threads/size.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:46 AM

Try contacting Guy Baker at http://www.sewingmachineparts.net. He is very helpful and has lots of misc. parts. He might have the screw you are looking for!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Carol in WI View Post
Last week I posted that I had found a Pfaff 130 for only $30! Advice given on how to clean it was very much appreciated. It is wonderful to have such experts available on this board. Now I need to find a replacement screw for the motor mount and can't find it on any of the sites on-line (except if I also bought a new motor of it). I do not have a booklet that gives the name and number for that particular screw. Thank you in advance for your help. Pictures to follow after I get it re-assembled.
I'm wondering if http://shop.sew-classic.com/Bolt-to-...rank-50632.htm one would work on Pfaff 130. The shipping would add to cost if that was all you were ordering. I have a Hand crank that the bolt that came with it was the wrong one so I went to an OSMG that had one that worked great. If you have any sewing repair shops (I know those are getting fewer and further between) around you might try there.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:18 PM

Also, sometimes out local gunsmith has interesting screws and set screws. He is quite amused and sometimes actually has what we are seeking.