Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
For those of  you with Singer treadle stands...a question >

For those of you with Singer treadle stands...a question

For those of you with Singer treadle stands...a question

Old 06-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Default For those of you with Singer treadle stands...a question

When I picked up my domestic treadle yesterday I also picked up a singer treadle stand. There are two pieces that are broken, and I was searching ebay for replacements, but since I have no other singer treadle to reference and I'm not finding info on dating the irons, can y'all tell me if there's any way to know if I order a part if it will fit or not? The two pieces being replaced are the dress guard over the wheel, and the center support between the two side legs. I found both for 9.99 each on ebay but wasn't sure if they'd be the right ones or not.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:13 PM

jennb,

Yes there are differences. I have a treadle base with a broken center part. My first attempt to replace it didn't work because the replacement center part was narrower than the original.

On my #2 Singer 66 treadle the dress guard I got was just enough smaller to require a spacer so the belt shifter would clear the big wheel.

All of these parts looked the same and until I attempted to assemble them I could not see the differences.

I know of no way to tell if a treadle base part will fit without having in hand.

Joe