Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
User manual for Toyota overlock? >

User manual for Toyota overlock?

User manual for Toyota overlock?

Old 06-21-2015, 02:39 PM

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. I actually have the same machine. I'm pretty sure i still have the original paperwork that came with it, explaining about threading. If you want to message me separately, I could make a copy and send it to you. I'm in Western PA, and since you're in Ohio, it shouldn't take too long to get to you.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:17 PM

Here are the tensions and other settings on mine. Hopefully it gives you another way to get it to stitch nicely.

These were set by the person that cleaned it for me. It was my MIL's and she could never get it to work correctly so when I got it, I decided to get it cleaned before I got totally frustrated with it. I only use it to serge edges. I haven't tried rolled hems, etc.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523061[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523062[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 06-21-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:56 AM

Thank you Connie! I started with all dials at 4...the lower loop seems to be the one that needs adjusted. I have the stitch length set smaller than yours-i will try to lengthen it to see if that helps. I may need to get it cleaned professionally...not sure who will service a Toyota machine? I cleaned it last night-haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:36 AM

Know nothing about threading a serger...I have one, not same brand that needs threading...it will be a door stop first! What interested me was the brand....I have a Toyota sewing machine that I picked up a "few" yrs ago.......just reminded me...I should get it out and work with it......it's a cute little "take to classes" type......
Old 06-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
Thank you Connie! I started with all dials at 4...the lower loop seems to be the one that needs adjusted. I have the stitch length set smaller than yours-i will try to lengthen it to see if that helps. I may need to get it cleaned professionally...not sure who will service a Toyota machine? I cleaned it last night-haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
A serger is a serger, brand shouldn't make a difference when it comes to a service. I will say, and not sure if it's the same everywhere, that a serger service may cost more than a sewing machine service. The one place here that advertised serger service charged $30 more for a serger. So I made a deal with someone else and traded one of my vintage Singers to have my Beast (Consew TuffyLock) serviced the first time. It was worth it to me. I've since gotten the courage to open him up myself when he chewed up and spit out his belt in tiny pieces.

Cari
Old 06-22-2015, 12:24 PM

Yay!!!!! I found contact info for Toyota sewing on Facebook, and this morning I received a digital copy of the manual for my machine! Got her cleaned up, a few drops of oil, threaded correctly, and I just made a pillowcase for the grands....serged the seams, and they look great!!! Thanks for all of your help!
Old 06-22-2015, 05:30 PM

Awesome! Enjoy your new serging experience!

Two of my thread spools are getting low and I need to watch closely so I can try to tie the new spool to the end of the old one so I won't need to rethread everything again. I haven't tried this method yet so I will need to find a teaching video.

Connie
Old 09-04-2019, 08:05 AM

Default Toyota 6700 serger manual

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
Yay!!!!! I found contact info for Toyota sewing on Facebook, and this morning I received a digital copy of the manual for my machine! Got her cleaned up, a few drops of oil, threaded correctly, and I just made a pillowcase for the grands....serged the seams, and they look great!!! Thanks for all of your help!
Hi, I have just taken my old Toyota 6700 out to do a project for my niece I haven’t used it in ages and have forgotten how to use it too! Could you send me a copy of the digital manual you received? I really would appreciate any help!
Thanks,
julie