Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage/Antique Standard Sewing Machine >

Vintage/Antique Standard Sewing Machine

Vintage/Antique Standard Sewing Machine

Old 01-27-2021, 06:11 PM

Default Vintage/Antique Standard Sewing Machine

I need help if at all possible identifying what model/year my new to me vintage/antique Standard sewing machine is and locating a manual for it. Any help would be welcome. She's a beautiful machine with a hand crank. Everything seems to move well, no grinding but she definitely needs some oil and TLC and possibly some replacement parts. I have tried to find information through Google but I am not having much luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-mach.jpg   sewing-mach2.jpg  
Old 01-28-2021, 01:21 AM

Try a Singer 15 manual. This looks to be a Japanese clone of one. indeed, probably on of the Nostalgia ones. Decals have been silvered because moisture has been one the bed. Clean iy with sewing machine oil.

Welcome aboard. Dates will be hard to get,
Old 01-28-2021, 05:52 AM

Welcome, Mrs Martin. You actually have what is called a 15-clone, probably made in Japan post WWII. Sometimes these machines will have a JA or JC and then a number, which is cast or stamped in the bottom of the machine. There is a thread here on QB Will the Real 15 clone please stand up It is a very long thread and has lots of pictures of differently named machines. The 15-clones have the needle tension on the nose and a round stitch length assembly. The 15-clones are a tad different than Singer 15 machines of that era, as they thread differently and usually have a drop feed knob on the bed.

A manual can be found at http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...ion-manual.pdf

It looks like you have the needle clamp that is on the spool pin on the bed. It may need a thread guide. I would suggest putting an adhesive felt pad on the bottom of the hold down that is screwed to the base and a hole that goes over the bed of the machine

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-28-2021 at 05:57 AM. Reason: correct misinformation
Old 01-28-2021, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Try a Singer 15 manual. This looks to be a Japanese clone of one. indeed, probably on of the Nostalgia ones. Decals have been silvered because moisture has been one the bed. Clean iy with sewing machine oil.

Welcome aboard. Dates will be hard to get,
Thank you!
Old 01-28-2021, 06:04 AM

Thank you!
Old 01-28-2021, 07:50 AM

Good eyes, Janey, I didn't notice that in the middle of the night.

Enjoy your hand cranks Mrs. Martin. I love to take mine traveling and let folks use them
Attached Thumbnails iris-merry-cranks-mother-earth-news.-b.jpg