Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 146 of 225 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 145 146 147 156 196 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

  1. #3626
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,913
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I would prefer something a bit more solid for a desk...
    I would prefer something with a little more height for a desk! I may be vertically challenged but this one is tooooo low!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  2. #3627
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I would prefer something with a little more height for a desk! I may be vertically challenged but this one is tooooo low!
    It is for very short kids.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  3. #3628
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    328
    Is that a dead opossum in the background? Plus this one needs a new "spinning wire" : http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/atq/3942139066.html Also another one says : Selling a New Home treadle sewing machine that's in good condition. No damage or what so ever. Does not come with the sewing machine. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/atq/3886486352.html

  4. #3629
    Super Member mom-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,487
    Uh...if the sewing machine part is not there is it still a sewing machine???

  5. #3630
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,913
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Uh...if the sewing machine part is not there is it still a sewing machine???
    It is to Craigslist sellers!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  6. #3631
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Finch View Post
    Is that a dead opossum in the background? Plus this one needs a new "spinning wire" : http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/atq/3942139066.html Also another one says : Selling a New Home treadle sewing machine that's in good condition. No damage or what so ever. Does not come with the sewing machine. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/atq/3886486352.html
    Well we know what the opossum died of anyway since he ate the 'spinning wire'
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  7. #3632
    Senior Member Cecilia S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
    But come on, it is a sowing machine. Wouldn't that make it an industrial (with all that sowing and all)
    I guess all their sowing was done inside, as the machine "been sitting inside all of its life," as opposed to my machines, which I sit on the porch for Vitamin D once a day. (?!?)

    They definitely did use if for sowing, though - you can still see the potting soil on the motor!

  8. #3633
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
    I guess all their sowing was done inside, as the machine "been sitting inside all of its life," as opposed to my machines, which I sit on the porch for Vitamin D once a day. (?!?)

    They definitely did use if for sowing, though - you can still see the potting soil on the motor!
    It's a POTTED MOTOR!!!
    ~G~

  9. #3634
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/wan/3940366168.html

    Are you serious?
    ~G~
    Urgently need some sewing machine oil! Please help (Bushwick)

    I really urgently need some sewing machine oil tonight, if anyone has any spare or knows anywhere that sells it after 7 please email and let me know. Many thanks if you can help

  10. #3635
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/wan/3940366168.html

    Are you serious?
    ~G~
    Urgently need some sewing machine oil! Please help (Bushwick)

    I really urgently need some sewing machine oil tonight, if anyone has any spare or knows anywhere that sells it after 7 please email and let me know. Many thanks if you can help
    we could meet in some back alley....
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  11. #3636
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    we could meet in some back alley....
    Or you can invite me, a perfect stranger, into your home instead of at a public place such as a Wal Mart that sells the stuff for under $4.
    ~G~

  12. #3637
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Or you can invite me, a perfect stranger, into your home instead of at a public place such as a Wal Mart that sells the stuff for under $4.
    ~G~
    YOU use that WM stuff????????????????
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  13. #3638
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
    But come on, it is a sowing machine. Wouldn't that make it an industrial (with all that sowing and all)
    I would seriously consider the Paris poster behind the "sowing" machine.
    Sweet Caroline

  14. #3639
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    YOU use that WM stuff????????????????
    WM sells singer Oil. So, yes.
    ~G~

  15. #3640
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    we could meet in some back alley....
    I bought a sewing machine on a dark side street in the middle of a small town practically in the middle of nowhere once... does that count?

    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    YOU use that WM stuff????????????????
    The lady at the former Singer store here said it's the same thing. WM here sells the Zoom Spout stuff, so did the Singer store. Of course that was before I started shopping at the Bicycle shop for my SM oil...

  16. #3641
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    http://bloomington.craigslist.org/hsh/3901887611.html
    I'm sure they know their stuff - but nobody else will unless they get a picture of it...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  17. #3642
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  18. #3643
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,320
    Id be ALL over this one...

  19. #3644
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Id be ALL over this one...
    too bad it is a road trip - somebody should go get that one
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  20. #3645
    Super Member mlmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://bloomington.craigslist.org/hsh/3901887611.html
    I'm sure they know their stuff - but nobody else will unless they get a picture of it...
    I wouldn't be too sure.

    "gold inlay designs"
    "very pretty in little rough condition thats why price is so low,thier selling for over $800 in worse condition"

    So theirs is in better condition that the ones that are selling for over $800, yet theirs is only $100? What a deal!
    Last edited by mlmack; 07-18-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Mark

  21. #3646
    Super Member manicmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,867
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Singer-20...item4175286019
    How do they come up with these numbers??? $20 to post? Did they just multiply everything by 20?
    Singers: model 12 MOP (1885) Improved Family 29k58 (1939) 44K11 (1921) 201K2, 201K23 206k11 (1950) 222k (1959) 320k2(1959), 15K90, Bernina 530, Pfaff:360 (1959) http://tailororfailure.blogspot.com

  22. #3647
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Singer-20...item4175286019
    How do they come up with these numbers??? $20 to post? Did they just multiply everything by 20?
    Holy COW! I did awesome! I found the motor manual in an antique shop for a couple bucks, and the 201 manual, a lady at another shop had no use for it, and she gave it to me (doesn't do sewing machines, but if she ends up with stuff, she keeps it for me) That's like,... practically almost millions of dollars based on the way people in these ads values stuff.

  23. #3648
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    2
    http://dayton.craigslist.org/atq/3935204788.html
    Wonder what they have to hide here?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

  24. #3649
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,913
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://dayton.craigslist.org/atq/3935204788.html
    Wonder what they have to hide here?
    For that price, I hope it is a machine with three $50 bills taped to it!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  25. #3650
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    For that price, I hope it is a machine with three $50 bills taped to it!
    $50 bills taped to it, LMAO!!! That was good. Still giggling on that one.
    HURRY buy it before you see the train wreck inside that I am not showing you. HURRY!!!
    Hey CL seller, nice pix of the drawers! Where are the pictures of the machine??? And what is up with the Klenex box doing a time out in the corner? And are the shoes in line for a time out too???
    LOL.
    ~G~

Page 146 of 225 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 145 146 147 156 196 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.