Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 100 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 50 90 99 100 101 110 150 200 600 1100 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Did anyone on this site post pictures of their Singer collection in the past week? I printed them out but my ink cartridges were going bad and they came out very blurred. There were 13 different models with 8 on the first page and 5 on the second. The only reference I have is a copyright "mjm" on the bottom right of the second page. I can't remember where I saw them...another of those darned senior moments.

Blog Entries
    I promised to post some pics of my old Seidel & Naumann before I attempt to clean it up, so here goes: It has a model number of 339 on it, but I can't find a serial number anywhere.

Even if I can't get it going, I still think it has scope to look prettier than it does at the moment.

The winder needs a new tyre
    Name:  Attachment-87022.jpe
Views: 147
Size:  49.0 KB

Decals on this end
    Name:  Attachment-87023.jpe
Views: 135
Size:  125.5 KB

The back
    Name:  Attachment-87024.jpe
Views: 150
Size:  50.2 KB

Long bobbin in shuttle
    Name:  Attachment-87025.jpe
Views: 161
Size:  57.1 KB

Underneath
    Name:  Attachment-87026.jpe
Views: 151
Size:  61.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    That is one very sweet machine.....it should really be amazing once you get it cleaned and shined....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcene
    That is one very sweet machine.....it should really be amazing once you get it cleaned and shined....
    Thanks Darcene - at the moment, the needle doesn't go up and down, so I would like to free that up, even if I can't get it to stitch well. At least its a project to work on - like I don't have anything else to do - LOL.

Blog Entries
    I'm looking at two Singer treadle machines and the seller gave me the numbers off the front of the machine. Would there be anyway to find out what kind of treadles they are? And they both need belts is there a standard size belt for treadles?

These 4 machines followed me home today. Paid $30 for the White, then the New Home and Kenmore were free. There Don't know the years, will have to do some checking. The White came with all kinds of attachments and a book. The original owner had received it as a wedding gift. When she could no longer sew, she gave it to the lady that I got it from. This lady loved the machine, but, has a new one so wanted this one to go to a good home. Now I have it.

The Dearing is a treadle that just happened to follow me home too. The lady said to just take it and get it out of her house. She used it for the cat to sleep on. I couldn't believe that it was free, my favorite price. Not to look these up and find out what years they are. I feel so lucky.

White
    Name:  Attachment-87033.jpe
Views: 132
Size:  63.1 KB

New Home
    Name:  Attachment-87034.jpe
Views: 132
Size:  58.2 KB

Kenmore
    Name:  Attachment-87035.jpe
Views: 120
Size:  35.9 KB

Dearing
    Name:  Attachment-87038.jpe
Views: 140
Size:  57.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Here's two machines my Hubby won on Ebay. Can't wait until they arrive.

The 301A is the color of mocha
    Name:  Attachment-87123.jpe
Views: 113
Size:  30.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I am soooo Jealous. I think I need a husband like yours. Does he have a brother??? LOL Congrats... Penni

Lots of machines finding new homes. Enjoy them!

I want the Dearing treadle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaah!
    So glad it followed you home too. You had a good day with the rest of the machines too!!. :-D

crossstitcher....love your Fw !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Charlee, I thought that was the Smithsonian website that Billy had listed the link for. Is there another link I should try?

Also, I tried to print the manual, and one page is so enlarged, it took three 8 1/2 x 11 pages to print. Not really wanting to do that with a 60 page manual. Is there some other way?

Edit: Went back to see if I could download, and found nothing to indicate it was possible. What should I be looking for?
    That is the Smithsonian Website and see if it is a PDF format or not, then if it is you can download it and reformat the page size and print it off. I have God knows how many manuals stored on my laptop that I have downloaded from there. I try to spend a day a week on the site downloading PDF files!!

Billy

Banned
    Wow it does look like a lot of machines have found their way to new homes!!!! Awesome pull guys and I am loving the German Handcrank Even though the decals are worn they are still wonderful to look at and all I would do is clean it up and love it!! Well maybe do a few blocks on it......... :D :D :D

The 301 and the FW are really nice and I like the Mocha longbeds!!

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laura59
    These 4 machines followed me home today. Paid $30 for the White, then the New Home and Kenmore were free. There Don't know the years, will have to do some checking. The White came with all kinds of attachments and a book. The original owner had received it as a wedding gift. When she could no longer sew, she gave it to the lady that I got it from. This lady loved the machine, but, has a new one so wanted this one to go to a good home. Now I have it.

The Dearing is a treadle that just happened to follow me home too. The lady said to just take it and get it out of her house. She used it for the cat to sleep on. I couldn't believe that it was free, my favorite price. Not to look these up and find out what years they are. I feel so lucky.
    You are one lucky girl!!!

Buy one get 3 free?!?! That is something that dreams are made of!!

The Dearing is wonderful, if you could post a few more of it so we can get a better look at it. I would like to see who Badged that machine.

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    I'm looking at two Singer treadle machines and the seller gave me the numbers off the front of the machine. Would there be anyway to find out what kind of treadles they are? And they both need belts is there a standard size belt for treadles?
    The belts are usually 72" and you cut to fit kind of thing but not all treadles are the same. Sometimes the handwheels will have a different diameter pulley and the belt will either be too long or too short if you use one treadle and just swap machines out in it.

Ask me how I found that one out!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    I'm no expert, but looks from the serial number it is a 99K, 30,000 allotted Dec. 3, 1937. Manufactured in Clydebank Scotland. I am not sure but it appears the motor may need to have a converter to our electrical system.

Pretty machine. :-D
    it looks like the motor is a 220 volt., if so then you need a voltage converter if you live in USA or Canada.
    Or just swap the motor out for one set up for 110v. Very simple to do and save the motor thats on it someone may need it in the UK.

Billy
    You also need to change out the light bulb too.
    Sharon W.

CONGRAS kATIE ON YOUR PURCHASE OF THE 301! I HEAR LOTS OF GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM.

LAURA59.........WHERE DO YOU LIVE? i WANT TO COME BY AND GET THAT TREADLE!! I LOVE IT!! :D :roll: :-D :oops: ;-)

I'm having trouble finding info on the 4 machines that followed me home today. Here is what I have:

Dearing - 2963793

New Home Double Duty - Model 532 Serial #15962

White Rotary 77MG Serial #13455

Kenmore Model - 1764180 Serial #91076877

What I would like to find out is where I can get manuals for all but the White and what years they were made.

I'll check in tomorrow when I get a chance. Will have to use my cell phone. We are heading to MN for the "Back to the '50's" car show. Have to get up at 5. You all have a great evening.

Quote Originally Posted by nwm50
    LAURA59.........WHERE DO YOU LIVE? i WANT TO COME BY AND GET THAT TREADLE!! I LOVE IT!! :D :roll: :-D :oops: ;-)
    I was really happy to get it. Been wanting one, now I finally have one. One problem, we will be going out of town tomorrow morning and not coming back until Monday or Tuesday. I want to play with my new machines. Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! There, now I guess I'll stop crying. Anyone have a crying towel I can use?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laura59
    I'm having trouble finding info on the 4 machines that followed me home today. Here is what I have:

Dearing - 2963793

New Home Double Duty - Model 532 Serial #15962

White Rotary 77MG Serial #13455

Kenmore Model - 1764180 Serial #91076877

What I would like to find out is where I can get manuals for all but the White and what years they were made.

I'll check in tomorrow when I get a chance. Will have to use my cell phone. We are heading to MN for the "Back to the '50's" car show. Have to get up at 5. You all have a great evening.
    Go hit the Smithsonian website at :

http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...wing-Machines/

Billy

LAURA59....SOME ON TO JAX, FL I WILL GIVE YOU A CRYING TOWEL.... BUT DON'T FORGET TO BRING THAT TREADLE!! LOL

Banned
    Okay due to the horrific pressure I have received :lol: I am going to show the machine that I picked up at the Thrift Store yesterday.

This is the "Filigree" decal pattern.

Billy

1931 Model 66
    Name:  Attachment-87174.jpe
Views: 149
Size:  59.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Crossstitcher,

I bought a 301 from Ebay also! Mine is the shortbed. It just came in the mail today. I have hurt my back and can't play with it yet. :cry: It was my first sewing machine purchase from Ebay. I was nervous but it arrived in excellent condition. It only took 2 days to get here!

Is that three 301 this week? I recieved mine today and after a little cleaning and oiling she is running like a dream. I even got the manual so I read through that and got the idea to try some free motion quilitng. I keep hearing how they are great for it. Well, did not work out so well. According to the manual, you just take the foot off, lower the fees dogs, adjust the stitch length and go for it. It does not say anythig about the thread tension. So I tried it and nope, nothing. I could with several tries pull up the bobbin thread, but after that, no stitches at all. not long one or short ones, nothing. I guess I need to get a free motion foot. But I have no idea. It stitches beutifully otherwise. Any ideas?

Page 100 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 50 90 99 100 101 110 150 200 600 1100 ... LastLast