Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-19-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Jump on the Goodrich but offer $100 and you should get it. You do not see many of those floating around!!

As far as the Monkey Ward machine depending on the manufacturer it may be on the side of the bed like the Kenmores had.Billy
Charlee, when I enlarge the photo of the Goodrich I can't see what it says on the treadle pedal. ??

On the Monkey Ward these are the other numbers they gave but I don't think any of them help.

"I cant find a serial number But I found that it says Montgomery Wards Model -30 115V-90W
us patent numbers 1,711,792 and 2,001,966"

:roll: Did you put something in the coffee water Billy?
I can't help it... now I am beginning to love the ugly machines; go figure :shock: And, I think I shouldn't even open CL for a week... :oops:

1940-1950 Montgomery Ward
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70243[/ATTACH]

The party is asking for an offer? No price stated.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70244[/ATTACH]

New Westinghouse-waiting for serial number $25
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70245[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70238.jpe   attachment-70239.jpe   attachment-70240.jpe  
Old 05-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Charlee, when I enlarge the photo of the Goodrich I can't see what it says on the treadle pedal. ??

On the Monkey Ward these are the other numbers they gave but I don't think any of them help.

"I cant find a serial number But I found that it says Montgomery Wards Model -30 115V-90W
us patent numbers 1,711,792 and 2,001,966"

:roll: Did you put something in the coffee water Billy?
I can't help it... now I am beginning to love the ugly machines; go figure :shock: And, I think I shouldn't even open CL for a week... :oops:
Well beauty is in the eye of the buttonholer....er...I mean beholder!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am guessing the Montgomery Ward is in the late 40's to early 50's the Free would probably be in the mid to late 50's You can always go to the US Patent offices website and put those numbers in and see what years they were issued.

And I swear and my stack of manuals I did not spike the coffee this time!!

Billy
Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM

*laughing* I am happy I don't drink the coffee! Tea for me.. But at times I can see the ugly dull looking machines have a certain beauty all their own.. you just have to look hard at them to see it! ;)
Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
*laughing* I am happy I don't drink the coffee! Tea for me.. But at times I can see the ugly dull looking machines have a certain beauty all their own.. you just have to look hard at them to see it! ;)
I think Jan will like the little 128 that I got from her after it is all said and done!!! I might have to send it back to her after she sees it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 05-19-2010, 02:27 PM

*laughing* ...But at times I can see the ugly dull looking machines have a certain beauty all their own.. you just have to look hard at them to see it! ;)
I think I might be hopeless, I don't even have to look hard to see their beauty. :roll: :roll:
Old 05-19-2010, 02:30 PM

Well beauty is in the eye of the buttonholer....er...I mean beholder!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am guessing the Montgomery Ward is in the late 40's to early 50's the Free would probably be in the mid to late 50's You can always go to the US Patent offices website and put those numbers in and see what years they were issued.

And I swear on my stack of manuals I did not spike the coffee this time!!

Billy[/quote]

Just made an offer on the MW and I want to get the Free Westinghouse because it is pretty to me. Thanks. :thumbup:
Old 05-19-2010, 02:33 PM

Here is something interesting near Springfield, MO:
http://springfield.craigslist.org/art/1748901930.html
Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM

OoooOooooOoooo I just got an email from the Ebay person that I had bid on the attachments and lost.. He said that the person that had outbid me could not pay and I was sent the opportunity to accept at my bid! Soooooooo I got em! and it is a good deal Billy. lots and lots of attachments and book and needles etc.. I am soooooooo excited this came my way! :D
Old 05-19-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I think Jan will like the little 128 that I got from her after it is all said and done!!! I might have to send it back to her after she sees it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
I can't wait to see what you do to her Billy! Post pictures once you work your miracles!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:47 PM

Question: What does it mean a sewing machine that is Hand Cranked? This is on Ebay and it soooooo lovely to look at..

1910c Jones"S Davis&Company"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70249[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-69998.jpe   attachment-70244.jpe   attachment-70247.jpe