Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by pennijanine
I found her on my front porch just as she is. The case she was in was smashed on the bottom, she had a motor and foot pedal and her shuttle bobbin holder and about 8 bobbins. Someone knows that I like old machines, but no idea who dropped her off!!
It must have been the "Sewing Machine Fairy" :shock: :mrgreen:
It's a beauty!!!
I want to move closer to the sewing machine fairy!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by beaniekins
What is the decal called on this machine? At first glance I thought it was a Red Eye, but it's not a model 66 and the decals are not Red Eye. Does anyone have any idea?

Here's a link to the ad: http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...dIdZ257748977#
Whatever it is, the decals are in beautiful condition. Is it going to come live at your house?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
She is actually the second to just show up. The first was one of my 301A's and I totally LOVE that machine!!
Geeze Penni, I want to live next to you!

Nancy
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by beaniekins
What is the decal called on this machine? At first glance I thought it was a Red Eye, but it's not a model 66 and the decals are not Red Eye. Does anyone have any idea?

Here's a link to the ad: http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...dIdZ257748977#
That is a Model 28 with the La Vincendora decal! Beautiful machine!

Nancy
Old 03-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I could not get into the Needlebar site? I have always been able to go to Needlebar to see something there, now they are asking for a password. Anyone else have the same problem?

Nancy
I will try to look surprised :roll: :lol:

Billy
I can see that surprised look on your face from here!

Nancy
Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Could an ORIGINAL singer 15 have had ALL of the following, or could some features have NOT been on the 15?

1. Left (back) tension control knob.
2. Scroll faceplate.
3. Mimimal gold decals on front and bed. . . (not sure which pattern they were, but like filigre or triplets style)
4. Silver handwheel, (I THINK it was solid, but not sure if it was solid or spoke).
5. Some part of the stitch regulator very shiny silver, (not sure if it was the plate or the lever/knob on it)

I am trying so hard to remember everything about my grandmother's machine, on which I learned to sew and these are the things I seem to remember about it. Unfortunately, no photos of her at the machine, though she spent thousands of hours there. Thanx to anyone who could tell me for sure about the items on and original class 15. Brenda

Oh and the bobbin was not a shuttle it was round and it had a motor and belt and was in a treadle cabinet, which must have been from her original machine which I don't remember.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
They also have a antique treadle scroll saw I have seen several but was always a day and a dollar short. Glenn
Glenn, I would enjoy talking more with you on these old tools. If you would like to contact me at my e-mail, at [email protected]. Patrick
Old 03-02-2011, 07:01 PM

I just contacted a woman about an old Singer. She said it was from the 50's. She changed it to a Westinghouse5 and than to a New Home type s. I have never heard of a Westinghouse sewing machine. I am sure they were not New Home, unless New Home was not a name but a model. Any feed back? Kathie
Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

Yes Glenn the NB is the site that hates me now, I am probably kicked off for all I know I havent tried to get on since the fall out. Oh well there loss........

Anyway I brought my new baby home today and its an early one!! Its a Domestic like the one that "Olebat" has but my Irons are a little different. My serial number is 499770 and it was full of accessories and did have the shuttle in it but it is missing now and I cant find it anywhere. I hope I didnt drop it in the driveway of the folks that I bought it from.

But like a lot of times the shuttle plate was replaced and it has a different number on it from the machine its like in the 779xxx's.

I will post photos of it tomorrow when I get a chance, I have 4 machines to paint so I will be busy!

Billy
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM

I got my 301a long bed black machine in a case tonight. The case is very very musty (banned from inside the house temporarily) but in great shape otherwise. No manual or acc., but I do have some extra acc. that can be dug up. Now to find an original manual. Will post pics tomorrow.