Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-23-2011, 04:21 AM

Well was lucky enough to pick up this 1920 Singer 66 afterwork for free. Also a box of accessories, some back clamp for this machine and some side clamp. When I talked to her she said it had been on her patio so I was expecting a parts machine. But cabinet is not all that bad and the machine moves freely just cannot open the slide plate.

This is the first singer that I have seen the japan crazed and coming off. So it will go to Billy for a repaint when the budget allows. :-)

Cabinet has been refurbished but needs veneer on top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173668[/ATTACH]

Machine as is
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173669[/ATTACH]

Back shows paint flaking off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173662.jpe   attachment-173663.jpe   attachment-173664.jpe  
Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
Thank you BoJangles It is just what l need but it looks kind of scarey to do onyour own but l will try soon in the meantime this is a picture of my latest its a 319K in good order no marks with original receipt and book plus all c
amms
Wow, Elsie you sure can find the machines! I love the color of this one too! You know the biggest problem with finding these machines that need cams is you don't usually get the cams! Way to go! Does that original receipt say 49? How cool is that to have the original receipt too.

Nancy
Old 03-23-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Well was lucky enough to pick up this 1920 Singer 66 afterwork for free. Also a box of accessories, some back clamp for this machine and some side clamp. When I talked to her she said it had been on her patio so I was expecting a parts machine. But cabinet is not all that bad and the machine moves freely just cannot open the slide plate.

This is the first singer that I have seen the japan crazed and coming off. So it will go to Billy for a repaint when the budget allows. :-)
Quilt Addict, I would try using Blue Magic 12a TR3 Resin Glaze on the machine. I bet it would look tons better until you can get it to Billy.

Nancy
Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Photo Update 1930 White Rotary: Here is a photo of the cabinet.
If you have extra time check out:
http://community.webshots.com/user/a...ession?start=0
Judy, I love the cabinet! I didn't get the cabinet, before we got the White the previous owner had taken a sledge hammer to the cabinet!

Nancy
What a sad thing :( A sledge hammer isn't one of the tools that I would typically use on restoring SM's. However, I am tempted at times! I am not sure if other ppl have similar challenges but I don't like mal-functioning things. I can't hardly leave them alone without trying to fix it.... between the SM's and computer, this keeps me on my toes :)
Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
newbie pulling up a stool?

I'm 54. When I was bitty, say 4 or 5, mom got a new used machine. When I graduated from high school 1974, they got her a new used machine & the old one was my gift.

I's my only machine & a workhorse. Well, I do have a babylock.

Singer 403 Slantomatic. I have all the bits pcs cams manual, everything. A couple of fancy gadget feet that I never have fiddled with. One is supposed to be a ruffler.

Is that too young for this club? :mrgreen:

That Universal is just adorable.
At our quilt show last year an 18 year old got a beautiful hand crank for her graduation gift. She walked past all the computerized machines and headed to the "Feathers & Cranks" booth. She said she didn't like the electric machines because she couldn't control the speed to her liking. So no your not to young for a vintage machine.

Marie M.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:54 AM

Here's a link if anyone is Indianapolis, Indiana area.......

Goodwill auction....

RED EYE IN A PARLOR CAB

Must be picked up... interesting and current bid 13.99

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...99806.html#des

Happy shopping :)
Old 03-23-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
Thank you BoJangles It is just what l need but it looks kind of scarey to do onyour own but l will try soon in the meantime this is a picture of my latest its a 319K in good order no marks with original receipt and book plus all c
amms
Elsie what a wonderful find and the price is great. You need to come to America and help me find one too. Kathie
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by MarieM
At our quilt show last year an 18 year old got a beautiful hand crank for her graduation gift. She walked past all the computerized machines and headed to the "Feathers & Cranks" booth. She said she didn't like the electric machines because she couldn't control the speed to her liking. So no your not to young for a vintage machine.

Marie M.
Marie, I love these stories! An 18 year old - how cool is that! I am way past 18, but even at my age, most of my friends think I am crazy to want to treadle, HC instead of using my very expensive computerized Pfaff -- which, is now in the shop getting fixed! That was a very hard decision - I could get a few beautiful HC's for what this machine is costing me to fix; but, a new one would be several thousand, so I have to fix it!

Nancy
Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
I was wondering if any members live close to Frederick, Oklahoma?
I am in Wichita, KS which is 300 miles. I know there are Okies on this board and hopefully speak up.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:01 AM

Estate sale finds today. A like new Singer buttonholer w/manual in green rectangle plastic container. A Pfaff 1252 in cabinet.
I am going to take the 230 out of the monster green cabinet and put it in this one (monster goes to the dump). Then take the 1252 and donate it to a school. The 230 will be donated to World Impact Ministries here in Wichita.
Now to do some yard work!