Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1278 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 278 778 1178 1228 1268 1277 1278 1279 1288 1328 1378 1778 ... LastLast
Results 31,926 to 31,950 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Mom View Post
    http://omaha.craigslist.org/atq/2881194500.html

Found this, and can't rescue it myself. Maybe someone in the area who is good at talking down prices could pick it up. Looks like someone took care of this Damascus.
    Nice machine, and the price is not bad either for that outfit!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Nancy,
    How is Mowgli? I do hope the recovery is going well for Mowgli, and that you are okay too.
    Will you be able to make it to the Turlock TOGA Saturday?
    Mowgli is doing amazingly well - running around on 3 legs! No, I cannot make the Turlock TOGA. I wish I could but I can't be gone that long right now. DH is good with Mowgli for short periods of time. I was on Jury Duty yesterday and worried about Mowgli! I couldn't be gone over night right now.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    I don't know but that's a good thought. I may do that after we pay for doggy surgery and some other bills. I do covet that machine but struggle with where would I put it and would I use it like it should be used. In a way, I'd almost rather have another 301 cuz I love mine so much!!!!!!!!!
    Chris, I have been off the board for a couple days with my little Mowgli and Jury duty. You are going to have to go through doggy surgery too? I hope it is just a simple spay or something?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
    This CL sewing machine looks very nice, I had to post the link if anyone is interested. I already have a Red Eye treadle, but I am still tempted!!
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2862844674.html
    Wow Anamaria, that is a nice set up and price! I can't get it, though, no room and no money after paying for Mowgli's surgery!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Mowgli is doing amazingly well - running around on 3 legs! No, I cannot make the Turlock TOGA. I wish I could but I can't be gone that long right now. DH is good with Mowgli for short periods of time. I was on Jury Duty yesterday and worried about Mowgli! I couldn't be gone over night right now.

Nancy
    I'm so glad Mowgli's doing well!! You could take him with you to the TOGA... He'd be a hit, I'm sure of that!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Over the weekend, went back to drool over Pfaff 130 that is in a sewing repair shop. Price is $400 which I feel is steep. One of the gals working there said "it was expensiver (which she assured me was a real word!) because of prices on Ebay for these types of machines." So, I went onto Ebay and found that the several Pfaff 130s which are not selling for quite that much, although one was clearly intended by seller as a parts machine, so am wondering where their prices come from. He does have some nice vintage machines but pricey, very pricey for my pocketbook. I would like a 130 but don't need to have one because I have lots of other good vintage machines. DH agrees it's nice but way too pricey for his wallet. What do y'all think? ~ Chris
    Chris if it says "Pfaff" people think they have a gold mine. Especially with the 130's. Those are great machines, but if you really want it just make an offer and let them sit on it with your phone number. Yes, on e-bay the 130's go for more than most Singers, but with the economy in the tank $400 is too high even for a 130!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Nancy you are plain, flat SPOILED!!! Yes, yes you are!!! LOL I love the look of this machine.
    Janice, yes I am spoiled I won't deny it! Thank you 'Chrysta' is sitting very pretty in my sewing room for me to admire!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Name:  Hitachi and treadle.JPG
Views: 1424
Size:  1.07 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Wow, Charlee I love the Hitachi treadle. It is still strange to me and exciting to own my Hitachi given that Hitachi claims they did not ever make sewing machines - yet, Monica found several of them listed in Japan! I just sent my e-mail to the wrong department in Hitachi - still makes it a fun machine to own! I have not seen another Hitachi here in the states, though!Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 03-07-2012 at 06:26 AM.

That's interesting. Have your tried widening the space on the pin screw that all the tension disc slide into? just enough to make it a bit tight to screw the last part of the tension set, the tension dial.
    No I haven't tried anything. I'll give that a try as soon as I figure out how to take it apart so I can get it back together the same way it is.

Joe

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad Mowgli's doing well!! You could take him with you to the TOGA... He'd be a hit, I'm sure of that!
    Charlee, that would be fun, but some people are not dog lovers like me and I would be too worried about Mowgli! The TOGA's I have attended at Cathy's house were packed with people and machines - no room with little injured dogs! Besides, I wouldn't want Mowgli to steal the show!

Nancy

Some years back my wife and I went to a gun show here in Springfield. One vendor had a small dog, chiwhawha size in a small dogie basket right on the corner of his booth. Dog got all the attention in the world and was out of the way.
    Another vendor had the doggy basket/bed under his table. Worked great.
    Beings Mowgli's recovering from surgery he'll be a needy little fellow, but I'll be he'd be more loved than otherwise.

Joe

Nancy, glad to hear about Mowgli. Unfortunately, our cat that has cost us a fortune this month is having a second surgery on Thurs. to resuture part of her month. More $$. Have you had time to play with your new/old Pfaff?

Blog Entries
    Glenn and Monica started it!! (He was showing her his drawers!!) And then Miriam was showing off her legs....

It wasn't MY fault!! Honest!!!
    Sure, sure, likely Story!!! LOL Well, the wedding was wonderful, and we had a brush with the tornado that went south of Nashville. We were in a van waiting to get into a building, the sirens went off, the wind got stronger and stronger, the rain started pelting down, and then we had hail the size of golf balls. We moved the van against a big building to be safer, because the wind was really terrific. We weren't sure what was going to happen, so we all held hands and prayed. It went on for about 15 minutes, then died off. Whew...it was an interesting experience to say the least!! Other than that the weather was wonderful, the wedding was beautiful, I had a great time with my daughters and grandkids and my husband. Wish it had been a longer trip, but I always do when I go to NC....I just love it there and it will be my home when I retire. The moutains there just sing to me....I find it so peaceful and restful there.

Haven't had time to do anything with any machines in over a month...now that the wedding is over I can concentrate on those. I'll be putting pics and stuff up as I go. Missed you all!! Did you miss me???? LOL

Blog Entries
    I don't get to go this time either...but maybe the next time!!
    Charlee you let me know for sure when you can come to CA for a TOGA and I'll be sure to be there. :-)

Blog Entries
    That's a great deal! It's a straight-leg with a 15 head.

Blog Entries
    Name:  Hitachi and treadle.JPG
Views: 1424
Size:  1.07 MBWow, Charlee I love the Hitachi treadle. It is still strange to me and exciting to own my Hitachi given that Hitachi claims they did not ever make sewing machines - yet, Monica found several of them listed in Japan! I just sent my e-mail to the wrong department in Hitachi - still makes it a fun machine to own! I have not seen another Hitachi here in the states, though!Nancy
    Nancy, Hitachi may not have manufactured sewing machines. My husband states that he doesn't think they did; he doesn't recall them making sewing machines. He was surprise also at seeing the Hitachi machines that I found. This machine could be a 'badged" machine. The name Hitachi means sunrise. This name could have been a store's name, just like here in the states some department stores had their names put on machines. We just associate the name Hitachi with the one company.

I still would love to know the history of that machine, but for now it will remain a mystery.

Blog Entries
    Missed you all!! Did you miss me????

Of course we missed you. Glad you made it through the tornado weather. We had tornado watches. Where I live we have mountains around us so usually breaks up the strong storms. Love these mountains.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Joe, you'll figure it out...or have a nice parts machine on your hands. It's a big puzzle and that's part of the fun of fixing these machines.
    Yep, a puzzle is the word.
    I worked a bit on the tension, had to take an 1/8th turn out of the bobbin tension. It was too tight. That seemed so even up the stitch quite a bit. Only sewing something will tell me for sure.

There is one annoying thing this machine has been doing and I found out why. When I set the stitch control lever to the longest stitch the first revolution of the machine bumps it up about two stitch sizes.
    Well, the shafts and rods are hitting each other underneath. I probably did that when I adjusted the feed dogs. Something else to play with.

Joe

Blog Entries

Haven't had time to do anything with any machines in over a month...now that the wedding is over I can concentrate on those. I'll be putting pics and stuff up as I go. Missed you all!! Did you miss me???? LOL
    YES! I thought of you during the reports of the tornados and hoped that the wedding went on. I have been praying for everyone that lives in the area of the nasty weather and torandos...been checking to see who posts, and if they are safe.

Blog Entries
    And this is why I want a basement. The legs on this lady are cute! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2888084166.html
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-03-07 at 9.51.53 AM.png
Views: 362
Size:  128.5 KB

[QUOTE=

I did manage to find something for Margie (the member, not the machine! ) She's been looking for New Home attachments for her treadle, and I found a set for her!

[/QUOTE]

Just want to say "Thank You" Charlee nice to have another set of eyes!!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...5F1E81D66A.png
    Whatever I said in anger, Whatever I shouted in spite, I'm sorry I spoke so quickly--I thought of some worse ones tonight.

Blog Entries
    That's a great deal! It's a straight-leg with a 15 head.
    Ah!! But it's a Janome, not a Singer!

Blog Entries

ABSOLUTELY we missed you!!!! So glad that tornado took another path or fizzled out!

You can be sure that if I get a chance to go to a California TOGA, that I'll be blasting the news every other post in here!!

Blog Entries
    Chris, I have been off the board for a couple days with my little Mowgli and Jury duty. You are going to have to go through doggy surgery too? I hope it is just a simple spay or something?Nancy
    It is surgery for cancer one big spot and several smaller spots. Buddy, a boxer, is 10.5 years old and we love him dearly and are going through with this one. We hope it willl nip the spider cell cancer (malignant) in the bud and that it hasn't spread but big spot is growing so we are worried. Trust our vet implicitly to do the right and best thing for him. His pre-surgery and older doggy bloodwork came back excellent so vet is optimistic. She too has a boxer but only 5 years old so she does know what we are facing with him. Thanks for asking and glad Mowgli and you are doing well.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options