Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am asking prayers for my siter-in-law, Verlene. They found three brain turmors today and she has terminal brain cancer. They will do chemo and raditation at the same time. At the best she will have a year. Thank you so much. Kathie
Kathie. I will keep your sister and your family in my prayers.
Joni
Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 PM

I am asking prayers for my siter-in-law, Verlene. They found three brain turmors today and she has terminal brain cancer. They will do chemo and raditation at the same time. At the best she will have a year. Thank you so much. Kathie
Joni
Old 04-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by BoJangles
That is so cool - see the little circle on the top? That is where the little Wilcox and Gibbs sits! Wow, now you are going to HAVE to find a Wilcox and Gibbs to put back on the cabinet! The last patent date 1870? Wow and Wow!
Nancy
yeah, fat chance of me finding that for cheap! I will have to keep my eyes open, CL & eBay and and and
Old 04-01-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by RUSewing
Been having trouble posting, but

Thank those who answered my question about dropping the feed dogs on my red eye 66.

I'll have to look for another vintage Singer Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Terry
The Singer 15-88,201,237 have drop feed dogs. The 237 is a zig zag machine, electric, but you can remove the motor and light; it treadles nicely. You can see a picture of the 237 on page 465.
Sharon W.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by qltndog
Joni
Thank you Joni. Kathie
Old 04-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Kathie, prayers to your family and you.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:46 PM

I am praying for your SIL and your family. Glenn and family
Old 04-01-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
That is so cool - see the little circle on the top? That is where the little Wilcox and Gibbs sits! Wow, now you are going to HAVE to find a Wilcox and Gibbs to put back on the cabinet! The last patent date 1870? Wow and Wow!
Nancy
yeah, fat chance of me finding that for cheap! I will have to keep my eyes open, CL & eBay and and and
Well, just keep an eye out - I only paid $100 for my Wilcox & Gibbs with the cabinet (of course the cabinet looked like crap and was painted black). My little New Home T No 3 got thrown in too! Someone obviously took the little machine to put on a shelf somewhere -- that is what people do -- then just left the cabinet! It would really be cool to put that cabinet back together with a Wilcox and Gibbs and make something!

Nancy
Old 04-01-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
For anyone in the north eastern Massachusetts there is a really nice Wheeler and Wilson sewing machine and gorgeous coffin top cabinet for only $70.00 :shock:

Here is the CL link:http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/atq/2297262273.html

Of course, that section of the state is supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow tonight :shock: :shock: :shock: and that is not even an April Fool's joke!
Great machine at a great price. I believe I'd have to buy it if I were close enough, even though I have enough W & W machines. They are a dream to sew on.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Sharon that cabinet is beautiful, I think it is the same cabinet as my Wheeler & Wilson from Portugal on page 419. Does anyone here actually sew on their Wheeler & Wilson's? I love to use my Singer 9W (basically the same thing), but I have not sewn on the W&W except to see if it works ok? To me the W&W's are a class above the rest!

Nancy
I have sewn on my 9W, WW 9 HC and WW 8 treadle. All are wonderful to sew on. I think folks avoid them because of the scarcity of needles, but the needles can be found and the machines are among the best I've ever sewn on.