Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am asking prayers for my siter-in-law, Verlene. They found three brain turmors today and she has terminal brain cancer. They will do chemo and raditation at the same time. At the best she will have a year. Thank you so much. Kathie
prayers going out ~ do spend as much time with her as you can. I wish your family all the best during this difficult journey
Old 04-01-2011, 08:03 PM

I am asking prayers for my siter-in-law, Verlene. They found three brain turmors today and she has terminal brain cancer. They will do chemo and raditation at the same time. At the best she will have a year. Thank you so much. Kathie
Kathie...Don't know what words I could use to give you comfort except that I will pray for you and your family.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Kathie...Don't know what words I could use to give you comfort except that I will pray for you and your family.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
MizJohnny & BoJangles ~ I looked at the pic on pg 695 ~ OMG I SAW one of those a couple weeks ago... cannot say where, because I am going to go back and see if its still there first thing in the morning. I will die if its still there. I showed the pic to hubby, and he said "We saw that, we thought it was a weird stapler" ~ I don't think I'm going to sleep tonite!
Good luck!!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 PM

ok, Billy or Nancy or anyone ~ got this cabinet today ~ can you tell me anything about her? Minus the machine, its made for a smaller-than-full-size machine... but what was inside the cabinet is what got me! And I think hubby can just build me a support plate that ANY machine can sit on, but still leave room for the treadle belt...

And the price was excellent on this ~ free :)
Wow! Great find!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:20 AM

Where do I find Billy's tutorials on cleaning?
Tammy
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Mamatron
I was wondering if there is a tutorial specific to the Featherweight as far as repairs and restoration/cleaning?
Thank you.
Mamatron, no there is not a tutorial here just for the FW, but if you order the book "Featherweight 221, The Perfect Portable" by Nancy Johnson-Srebro, she explains everthing you could think of about the FW.

As far as cleaning, Billy's tutorials on cleaning work great for any sewing machine. Just do a search here. Billy is Lostn51.

Nancy
Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by tammy cosper
Where do I find Billy's tutorials on cleaning?
Tammy
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Mamatron
I was wondering if there is a tutorial specific to the Featherweight as far as repairs and restoration/cleaning?
Thank you.
Mamatron, no there is not a tutorial here just for the FW, but if you order the book "Featherweight 221, The Perfect Portable" by Nancy Johnson-Srebro, she explains everthing you could think of about the FW.

As far as cleaning, Billy's tutorials on cleaning work great for any sewing machine. Just do a search here. Billy is Lostn51.

Nancy
Part 1 is http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45816-1.htm

Part 2 is http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45983-1.htm

Part 3 is http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-46696-1.htm
Old 04-02-2011, 05:57 AM

MizJohnny & BoJangles ~ I looked at the pic on pg 695 ~ OMG I SAW one of those a couple weeks ago... cannot say where, because I am going to go back and see if its still there first thing in the morning. I will die if its still there. I showed the pic to hubby, and he said "We saw that, we thought it was a weird stapler" ~ I don't think I'm going to sleep tonite!
Yep, most people have no clue that the little Wilcox and Gibbs was a sewing machine!

Here is a site to get some information on the machines. I hope it is still there! http://www.sewalot.com/willcox_gibbs.htm

Nancy
Old 04-02-2011, 06:47 AM

Kathie, sorry to hear about your SIL. Just try and spend as much time with her and the family as you can. My mom died of cancer and that's what we tried to do.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 AM

Kathie your SIL will be added to our prayer list.
Prayer is powerful.

Blessings,
Sandi