Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
... it's a very <pick one> safe, cheap, entertaining--hobby. If people raise their eyebrows (or, since many folks have little sense--make nasty comments), just tell then you spent your crack money on the new machine. And THEN tell me what they said!!
BWWAAAAA HAAAAA HHHHAAAA!!!!!! Thanks for that laugh, good one! :thumbup:
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 AM

You need to find him a hobby to hold over his head. My husband plays poker and tennis and watches a LOT of sports. Plus I'm pretty mean when I get mad, and the husband really wants to keep me happy. Heh heh.

All joking aside, this hobby has sustained me through some pretty bleak times, and if all it takes is a few sewing machines to perk up your life, it's a very <pick one> safe, cheap, entertaining--hobby. If people raise their eyebrows (or, since many folks have little sense--make nasty comments), just tell then you spent your crack money on the new machine. And THEN tell me what they said!![/quote]

Love it! My DH was told a long time ago (38 yrs) that he married me, he didn't purchase me so I can do as I please and so can he.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Over the past couple of weeks the topic of trying to find back clamping feet for the old Singer 66s has come up. I just ran across the TreadleOn site again, and they have many great links you can read, one of which is how to convert a presser bar to accept side clamping feet. Here is the list of topics, "converting back clamp feet" is the fourth topic down.

http://www.treadleon.net/sewingmachineshop/index.html
Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Yipeeeeeee - Billy page 900!

Well, I e-mailed the ebay seller yesterday. He said he "ships a lot of electronics and machines and packs them very well." What an idiot. This will happen again if he is selling sewing machines. He put it in a cardboard box with a little paper, taped it up very little and sent it! I am going to leave him with negative feedback.

On the bright side, we found some hinges so if DH can rebuild the cabinet the machine will be ok. I need to find the patch stuff that Billy uses to fix the machine gouges, but this machine is salvagable -- just going to take work. If the machine could be used free standing, I wouldn't worry about the case - since it is a 99 clone it has to sit in something to use. Still it is a cute little machine.

Nancy
Nancy, I hope you will demand a refund on this item. For part of it any way. What ever you type using e-bay forms they know what's going on and will help you make it good. Also maybe should list his name so no one else will buy from him if he is selling more machines.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Oh I feel like a truck ran over me and if I walk to the sunroom from the bedroom I am hacking a lung. I cant hardly function like this and it is so pretty out today. That and I am up to my eyeballs in things that need to get boxed, shipped and serviced. I went to the post office today and dropped off a few things but it took everything out of me just doing that.

Oh boy what I would give to have this over with............

Billy
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Oh I feel like a truck ran over me and if I walk to the sunroom from the bedroom I am hacking a lung. I cant hardly function like this and it is so pretty out today. That and I am up to my eyeballs in things that need to get boxed, shipped and serviced. I went to the post office today and dropped off a few things but it took everything out of me just doing that.

Billy
Billy - not to sound like your mother...er wife...er...oh you know what I mean...just wondering if you have been to the doctor? Can't hurt, could help. Course I'm the wife with the husband whose appendix burst & he didn't see fit to go to the doctor (not ER) until 48 hrs later. Yeah - that cost him 6 days in the hospital & 3 weeks off work :shock: :shock: We have an agreement now: I get to do triage & decide: home in bed, doctor or ER. He gets to do what I decide. :D
Old 04-05-2011, 01:29 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Billy, I had that, and it doesn't want to let go ~ it all started with a sneezing fit and then the fever skyrocketed... it all went downhill from there! Hope you feel better soon, OTC vitamins, juicing fresh juices and Echinacea helped me to at least feel a little alive :)
Old 04-05-2011, 01:56 PM

Lostn51 Oh I feel like a truck ran over me and if I walk to the sunroom from the bedroom I am hacking a lung. I cant hardly function like this and it is so pretty out today. That and I am up to my eyeballs in things that need to get boxed, shipped and serviced. I went to the post office today and dropped off a few things but it took everything out of me just doing that.

Billy

Sure hope you feel better. I too have been fighting it. It has been four weeks with two antiboitics and still coughing a lung (right to be exact). Was even off work for a week. :hunf: Get better soon, we miss you. :thumbup:
Old 04-05-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by jljackquote

You all are an inspiration to me. Now I have to stop buying machines for a while, and just play with my 4. My DH about KILLED me when the Western showed up yesterday!! "Another machine??? Good thing it's pretty!"

LOL
You need to find him a hobby to hold over his head. My husband plays poker and tennis and watches a LOT of sports. Plus I'm pretty mean when I get mad, and the husband really wants to keep me happy. Heh heh.

All joking aside, this hobby has sustained me through some pretty bleak times, and if all it takes is a few sewing machines to perk up your life, it's a very <pick one> safe, cheap, entertaining--hobby. If people raise their eyebrows (or, since many folks have little sense--make nasty comments), just tell then you spent your crack money on the new machine. And THEN tell me what they said!!
Haha Miz Johnny!!! My DH is a quilter too, and understands the fabriholic issue, as he is one too. But the machines? He's into old cars, baseball memorabilia, and a few other hobbies. So it's not really the money issue, it's more like "what are you getting into now". And I did buy 3 machines in 1 month, which is probably what created the shock!! :-)

He'll be fine with it soon. As soon as he sees that they are really working sewing machines, he'll understand....I think!! :wink:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Yipeeeeeee - Billy page 900!

Well, I e-mailed the ebay seller yesterday. He said he "ships a lot of electronics and machines and packs them very well." What an idiot. This will happen again if he is selling sewing machines. He put it in a cardboard box with a little paper, taped it up very little and sent it! I am going to leave him with negative feedback.

On the bright side, we found some hinges so if DH can rebuild the cabinet the machine will be ok. I need to find the patch stuff that Billy uses to fix the machine gouges, but this machine is salvagable -- just going to take work. If the machine could be used free standing, I wouldn't worry about the case - since it is a 99 clone it has to sit in something to use. Still it is a cute little machine.

Nancy
i bought a 99 off ebay a while back, it came in a nice homemade case, no cover, but it works nice. my 66 came in a pretty rough case, my dsil took it home and is going to build me an oak case for it.