Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Judging from what features I see (stitch regulator, tension assembly location, bobbin winder, pillar) I am going to say this was badged by Standard or Free. But I can always be wrong!!

It is a lovely machine but like charlee stated it just isnt worth the $200 even if it is a "Unique" machine. :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: I would make an offer on it and go from there, the decals are in relatively good condition with slight wear on the bed but it may truly be a not so popular machine to be found.

Billy
Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 AM

Thanks Charlee and Billy-I can always count on you two to help me out! I had a feeling it was a bit much.
still regretting that Pfaff a little lol
Hugs
April
Old 05-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Banned

April you will have another Handcrank come down the pike before long and it will be cheaper and might even be nicer than the one you lost out on.

Remember Patience is a virtue!!

Billy
Old 05-25-2010, 07:16 PM

I'll bring some of my "special recipe" next time I come by. Better than Bailey's, better 'kick', and forget the coffee LOL
Old 05-26-2010, 04:47 AM

I have special recipe cold medicine. Guaranteed to knock you and and sweat the worst cold/flu out of you! :lol:
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by burnsk
I'll bring some of my "special recipe" next time I come by. Better than Bailey's, better 'kick', and forget the coffee LOL
When I read this the first thing that popped into my head was the two sisters on the "Waltons"

Grandpa used to always go to semi court them for some of Pa Pa's Special Recipe.

Billy
Old 05-26-2010, 05:04 AM

What I want to know is how to paint a machine like that! That purple one is gorgeous!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:29 AM
EC

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by burnsk
When I read this the first thing that popped into my head was the two sisters on the "Waltons"

Grandpa used to always go to semi court them for some of Pa Pa's Special Recipe.

Billy
-

W-h-o-a Dude, you're dating us here! The Baldwin Sisters, Emily and Mamie, I believe.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
April you will have another Handcrank come down the pike before long and it will be cheaper and might even be nicer than the one you lost out on.

Remember Patience is a virtue!!

Billy
Patience? A virtue? For who?? LOL I know but I love Pfaff :-) Maybe someday...everything does happen for a reason.
Hugs
April
Old 05-26-2010, 08:52 AM

Thanks I appreciate your input, but I still have my heart set on the FW 221. I will check out the others, but I really think I'm going to hold out for a FW 221.
Originally Posted by kapatt
Hi Quilterguy,

You wrote:"I've been scouring CL for a good deal on a Singer 221 FW. If I can't find this one as my top choice, what would you reccommend as #2, #3, etc. on the list. I kinda have my heart set on the 221 FW tho, but I don't want to spend 3 or 4 hundred dollars on one either."

I'm about a month behind on reading the posts (it's been a busy month) but I would like to put in my 2cents. If you want the featherweight to take with you places, the 301 might work just as well. It is a little bit bigger and weighs just a few pounds more. If you are looking for something small and compact that stores well, my son said that the 99 works well for him. The 99 comes in two different types of cases. One is the wooden Bentwood case and the other one is more of a suitcase case. I gave my 99 to him a few years ago (one in the suitcase type case) and he likes it because it is compact. I'm now looking for a 99 to make into a handcrank and asked him to trade for one of my other machines. He said he would only trade for one of my featherweights because they are small and compact.