Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Suzi
Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by Suzi
Just picked this old girl up and cleaned the gunk off enough to check her decals which look super nice. Serial number is G (or C) 64514645 and she's totally complete except for a belt. All I know is that she's a red-eye so can anyone help me with further information? I waded through back pages in this thread and kept getting side-tracked by all the glorious pictures. She has a history which is great but no manual. Where can I find one? The Singer site claims that all records for this serial number have been lost .......
She is a model 66-1 with backclamp feet. It is most likely a G in the SN# Made in 1918. Go to http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html amd you can download a free manual. Glenn
Just went to the link and it says there are no manuals for this machine. Please check it and tell me what you find .............
I just went to the site and it is there, Type in the mdl in the box on the right 66-1 and it should take you there. Glenn
Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 PM

Type 66 only for the model and it will take you there lefave off the -1 glenn
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Billy

I HOPE that I have found the right place to post this and include photos.

I have a Drawing Room Treadle from England that is missing just 1 drawer handle. Can you point me in a direction that I might get lucky to find one??!!

I CAN get you better photos if you need but you might be able to tell enough from these photos.

Here's hoping!!!!

THANKS in advance!

Kathy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192535[/ATTACH]

hopefully better shot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192536[/ATTACH]

full shot of machine bottom right handle missing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192537[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192529.jpe   attachment-192530.jpe   attachment-192531.jpe  
Old 05-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Type 66 only for the model and it will take you there lefave off the -1 glenn
Viola -------- that worked - thank you again!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Hi Billy:

Count me in too !!! Thank you for all your help - you are certainly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by jillaine
Um... why isn't there a separate board for this topic? 1009 pages? (If I'm beating a dead horse, my apologies.)

I posted a vintage question and request for help here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-120349-1.htm

Thanks for your help. I *really* want/need to lower my dogs!!!

Thanks! - jillaine
Have you oiled these parts well?? There has to be a reason they don't move. Rust? Is something else in the way? Are the feed dogs pushed up against one side or the other? Get the hammer out. It'll move eventually!! Just kidding!!! I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Either the smarter people on here don't know the answer either or they haven't read the whole page. I sometimes just look at the pics and explanations of pics, when I am in a hurry. Hope someone gets back to you soon!
Juliane, I don't have this machine but by the pictures it doesn't seem like anything is broken unless it is under the button itself..Not sure what you mean that you can not get the feed dogs to stay down?? When you depress the mechanism under the buttons does the feed dogs move at all?? I'm confused. You said that the bars controlling the feed dog mechanism doesn't budge. Have you tried spraying some WD 40 or Aerokroil to all the moving (or your case unmoving) parts.

Keep us posted on your dilemma...or if you get it fixed, let us know what happened or how you did it.

Judy
Old 05-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

I have two of them a redeye like yours and one with the lotus decals. It is the machine I go to piece quilts. It is the best machine I have ever used. Glenn
DITTO! The best...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM

I was oiling my new machines and checking them out when
I discovered that both hindges are broken. Are new ones easy
to find for the 99? Kathie
Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by laura59
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a source for a free manual for a Pfaff Automatic 230. I got the machine one day for $10, with a box of attachments galore, which I don't know some of them. It does a ton of stitches, but I need to figure them out. TIA

By the way, cute new machines everybody. I think it is pretty neat to find the saved ones. I am going to have to find some new homes for some of mine....maybe. It is getting a little crowded in the sewing room.
I found some Pfaff manuals on this site:

http://s2.vsmgroup.com/VSM/Pfaff/pfaffmanual.nsf

If someone has already posted this, sorry to repeat.
No, I hadn't found the manual yet. Thank you so much. I think this machine is going to be super. It is pretty complicated for an older machine, but I think it will be fun. Now to find the stitch guide, so I can do all the stitches. Thanks again.

Melinda
Old 05-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Hi, earlier someone was remarking about the incredible increase in EBay selling prices for vintage machines...there is an auction currently running for a 66 Lotus in a cabinet that's at more than $500.00, and not finished yet! Plus $85.00 shipping! Wow! I compared the photos to my Lotus , and the decals on mine are far better, and my cabinet seems in better shape. I'm very thankful for my $25.00 garage sale find, and the great info on this board to get it cleaned and running smoothly!