Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
WOW! That is pretty! You did a beautiful job.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
WOW! That is pretty! You did a beautiful job.
Thank you Glenn
Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM

@Glenn & JaneK
Thanks, I was wondering what it was. Now to figure out how to use it. LoL! This is so much fun. ;-)

The best part of this whole thing is she only cost me $2! yep, 2 bucks. :thumbup:
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Ok , I have just gotten this 1924 Singer 99. She needs some work... belt, light cord replaced, electric cord with foot pedal! I wonder if there are electric cords/foot pedals with the three prong plug that is enterchangable with the 99?? Maybe someone could let me know via a pm. I also need manuals for her too. :) Thanks for any help.

I forgot to mention, I got her for $11.50. But she needs work!

Sharon

I am attaching some pictures of her :)
Nice looking machine. Kathie
Old 05-18-2011, 06:08 PM

Glenn you did an awsome job. Looks great
Old 05-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Billy, this might seem like a ridiculous question but I thought that some place I read about someone taking two vintage machines and making the right cuts, etc. to make a longarm machine out of it. Have you ever heard of that? Or, would you recommend someone who wants to play around with two machines to make a make-shift longarm? :oops: :oops:
Just one and they used a Japanese 15! I have the article on how to do it and I was working on my version of the machine when I got side tracked and put it away. It is pretty easy to do if you have a access to a machine shop or have metal working skills.

Billy
Old 05-18-2011, 06:14 PM

Glenn, DH and I like your refinishing jobs also. You do good work.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 PM

Charlee, great job on your Queen Ann and restoration to your "Lady"!! I was just thinking of you this past weekend when I had my box of attachments laid out :)

Glenn, all I can say is WOWZA ~ I wanted to wait until you finished yours before I started on mine. I am going to try and carefully strip around the Singer decal so that I don't have to repaint it. If my turns out half as nice as yours I am going to be one happy camper. I think the lady who gave you that SM is going to be amazed!!

Judy
Old 05-18-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Would this work on my 1924 ... 99 sewing machine?

Singer Foot Controller

Three hole on plug

Label on Back states:
volts 95-145
Part No. 194584

Good used condition
On Ebay .... 5 days left 2 bids price @ $10.50
That should work with your machine Rose... My 99 is nearly like it, but has a knee lever so the foot pedal part wouldn't work with mine...
If you buy it and it doesn't work, let me know!! ;)
Thanks Charlee, I posted a bid and will see how it goes from here.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Charlee, great job on your Queen Ann and restoration to your "Lady"!! I was just thinking of you this past weekend when I had my box of attachments laid out :)

Glenn, all I can say is WOWZA ~ I wanted to wait until you finished yours before I started on mine. I am going to try and carefully strip around the Singer decal so that I don't have to repaint it. If my turns out half as nice as yours I am going to be one happy camper. I think the lady who gave you that SM is going to be amazed!!

Judy
Thanks Judy, I wish I had a decal to save good luck with your case. We restorers and refinishers really hate that old antique paint kits that everyone used years ago. It is one of the hardest finishes to strip. Place wax paper over the logo and tape around the paper so no tape will touch the decal. If you tape on the decal it will pull it off. Have fun. Glenn