Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-06-2011, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by chergram
can any one tell me if there is attachments for singer featherweight 221 machine
Chergram, there are lots of feet you can use with the 221, there is also a walking foot attachment, a buttonholer attachment, and a zig zag attachment. I am not sure how well any of those work as I haven't tried using them, but I think there are people on here who have.

Nancy
Old 06-06-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I saw one of these this weekend at the mini TOGA that I attended. I had a blast at this gathering! So many cool machines to look at, drool over, and play with! The owner of the machine that I saw this weekend demonstrated how the machine sews in different directions just by turning the foot in different directions.

Your machine is gorgeous! Have you ever tried to free-motion with your machine? Although this would be a much slower method to free-motion quilting.
Wow, Monica I am sorry Kathie and I couldn't attend! So it was worth your time driving up here? It sounds like the event was a success! Kathie is gone on her cruise, and I spent half a day on Saturday getting drenched at an outdoor graduation. We couldn't see anything except a sea of umbrellas -- all the umbrellas were dumping water on all the people sitting in front or behind them! From my knees down I was soaked along with everyone else there!

Nancy
Old 06-06-2011, 05:40 AM

I have used a walking foot and a zig zag attachment on my featherweight and both work beautifully! One word of caution re: the walking foot. I put on a walking foot that had a low shank that I had from another machine. It looked like it fit correctly, but with each stitch the screw that held it to the machine got tighter and tighter. My husband could barely get it off, and even had to use a power tool. (Bless him - he didn't scratch the FW though!!!) I then purchased a walking foot advertised to work correctly on a FW from April 1930's (http://april1930s.com/) and it worked correctly. 8-)
Old 06-06-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
One word of caution re: the walking foot. I put on a walking foot that had a low shank that I had from another machine. It looked like it fit correctly, but with each stitch the screw that held it to the machine got tighter and tighter.

I had this happen on my 15-91 also! I was able to get it off with a pair of pliers, but was getting so frustrated with my stupid walking foot that I put the quilt I was working on away. I realized when I went to take the foot off - it wasn't the foots fault really, it was getting hung up on the screw...
Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 AM

I got an Elna Supermatic and need a manual for it. I found one site that charges for it, I wondered if anyone here knows where I might get one "free"? Thanks. I also have a Viking 33-10 that I can't find the manual for. I want to get these machines running so I can teach on them. Thanks for any assist!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
I got an Elna Supermatic and need a manual for it. I found one site that charges for it, I wondered if anyone here knows where I might get one "free"? Thanks. I also have a Viking 33-10 that I can't find the manual for. I want to get these machines running so I can teach on them. Thanks for any assist!
If you find where to get one let me know. B/C I need one too. I saw one on e bay for $8.00+shipping but let it go on by. Will keep looking.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 AM

I would love to find an edge for my 66. I think it was the only sewing attachment that didn't come with my machine. Honestly, the ruffler scares me.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I saw one of these this weekend at the mini TOGA that I attended. I had a blast at this gathering! So many cool machines to look at, drool over, and play with! The owner of the machine that I saw this weekend demonstrated how the machine sews in different directions just by turning the foot in different directions.

Your machine is gorgeous! Have you ever tried to free-motion with your machine? Although this would be a much slower method to free-motion quilting.
Wow, Monica I am sorry Kathie and I couldn't attend! So it was worth your time driving up here? It sounds like the event was a success! Kathie is gone on her cruise, and I spent half a day on Saturday getting drenched at an outdoor graduation. We couldn't see anything except a sea of umbrellas -- all the umbrellas were dumping water on all the people sitting in front or behind them! From my knees down I was soaked along with everyone else there!

Nancy
Nancy,
Sorry to hear that you got rained on, that doesn't sound like a wonderful time for a day of celebration.

Well, I had a blast on such a rainy day! My day wasn't dreary at all, very sunny on the side of town where I was located. :) The company was awesome, knowledgeable, funny, and friendly! The food was excellent and plentiful. And all of the machines were simply gorgeous. The host has an awesome collection of machines and parts!
Someone showed off two of her beautiful quilts that she made with exchange blocks from the Treadleon block exchange. I had fun seeing the creativity that some folks from Treadleon used in signing their blocks, very nicely done!

I want to thank Sharon, Purplefiend, for mentioning the Treadleon group numerous times. I recommend becoming a member and attending a TOGA or mini TOGA. Yup, I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to the gathering in September.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 PM

I want to thank Sharon, Purplefiend, for mentioning the Treadleon group numerous times. I recommend becoming a member and attending a TOGA or mini TOGA. Yup, I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to the gathering in September.
A Toga party? Did you go back to college? I bet I'm missing something huh?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by buslady
If you find where to get one let me know. B/C I need one too. I saw one on e bay for $8.00+shipping but let it go on by. Will keep looking.
Well, I found a free repair manual. I'll keep lookin' http://arizonaexpressionz.com/elna_service_manuals.html this is for a FREE Elna service manuals

better book mark these

http://www.arizonaexpressionz.com/el...n_manuals.html this is the FREE instruction manuals