Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-09-2011, 08:40 AM

Beautiful sewing machines to drool over and a very cute,
happy baby.
The La Vincedora decals only came on the 128, not the full size 127. The 301 is a lovely machine, I've had all the colors and now down to 1 black short bed in a trapezoid cabinet. Here's a link to a series of pictures of the cabinet, not mine; the one I have is blonde.

http://www.mckennalinn.com/TrapCab.html

Sharon W. in Texas
Old 06-09-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Nannie, the Singer Redeye could be a 66-1 if it is a back clamping foot and older than 1923, or a 66-3 if it is a back clamping foot and originally a hand crank or a 66-4 if it is a side clamping foot. So to tell you what 66 you have I'd have to know its year and the way your foot attaches to the bar.
Nancy

Lots of times the back clamping needlebar was changed out
for the side clamping needlebar to enable the machine to
use the more common low shank Singer feet.
My 66 redeye is from 1910, I searched a long time for one and finally got it this past April.
Sharon W.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I am really unschooled in older machines. When you rear mount are you talking about where the foot attatches? I just looked on mine and you have to unscrew it in the back to switch the foot out. I was told my Singer is around 1905-1910. I will put the puzzle box back away then.

I thought maybe the ones you called hemmers where for bindings.
Different feet mounts: Top photo back mount on Singer Lotus 66-1, middle photo side mount Singer 66, bottom photo screw mount on National.
Seeing your machine on newspaper reminded me...I purchased a machine at GW a few months ago and last week I got it out to play and inside the case a newspaper had been laid. All brown and brittle, I took it out to look at the year..it's from May 15, 1968, Oelwein Daily News....that evening around 5 P.M. a tornado hit this town (8 miles from here) and the town I live near killing several and million of $ of damage. Just found that interesting. Sorry, it's a bit off track but just thought of it! Obviously my machine was not injured!
I always love discovering the hidden treasures. Sad to read news like that, but interesting that the machine survived and now its new home is just 8 miles down the road. Enjoy your machine!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Finally got some pictures of recent acquisitions, thought I'd share.
Buslady,

That last "machine" of yours is the cutest! A keeper for sure.
Enjoy them all, but treasure that precious cutie the most!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here is a picture of the attatchments. Does anyone know what the attatchments are for or what they do? The second picture is of a wooden box a friend gave me a long time ago, I collect boxes. I knew they were attatchments for a sewing machine, but I never knew that it went to a vintage Singer sewing machine. I think it is called a Singer puzzle box. How do I find out if they will work on my Singer 9w? I forgot to mention that I paid $30 for the machine and cabinet, it needs a belt.
The four attachments in the back are definitely for the 9W. They attach a bit differently from the early 66 back clampers. The 5 hemmers in the middle are top clamping; several different companies (including White and National) used top clampers. I can’t tell about the tucker on the L side or the ruffler in the front (can’t see how they attach), but the attachment just between those two is also top-clamping. The thingie (technical term) in the L corner is a part of an attachment; looks like it goes to the back clamper in the upper L corner.
The puzzle box held attachments for the Singer 27/127. They won’t work on your 9W. BTW, your 9W probably uses Featherweight bobbins.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Finally got some pictures of recent acquisitions, thought I'd share.
If anyone finds anything like the last picture (Jordan Michael) at a yard sale or thrift shop, pick it up for me and I'll pay shipping. For that matter, I'll fly and pick it up asap. It certainly looks like something priceless to add to my collection.

Grandma Johnny
Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Here is a link to needles on the ISMACS site. You look for your model, and it shows the manufacturer and what size needle for the various needle manufacturers. Very neat!!

http://www.ismacs.net/needle_and_sha...eedle-list.pdf
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Thanks, I will try this Guy for the part I need.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Different feet mounts: Top photo back mount on Singer Lotus 66-1, middle photo side mount Singer 66, bottom photo screw mount on National.
VM, do you have that Lotus 66-1? I am looking at one to buy. Anything very unusual about that particular model? I don't know the SN yet, so I can't date it. Thanks.

Edit - I found the SN - It's 1909.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 AM

Does anyone know if a Singer buttonholer attachment will work on a New Home machine with the same shank height?