Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Billy;

What are you putting in the coffee?? DH says to stop cuz he doesn't want to see any more new to me machines comes thru the front door. Still have one on reserve that he doesn't know about though. My, what big shoulders you have there. :)

Chris
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 PM

Billy,

I can literally hear the diabolical laughter now........you are so sly you wiley coyote ........come here my pretty.......
Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene
Here are a few photos of one of my machines....This one came from a garage sale (my sister called from IL. and said do you want an old machine?) and as you can see the machine and the sewing table were a grand total of $15.
Very cool... the price AND the machine! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Here are a few pictures of the fiddle base machine we bought at the flea market for a $1.00. It did not move at all and hubby soaked it in WD40 and worked it loose. Now all the parts move. We found out it is a Domestic Model B made around 1870 and 1890. It has 3 sets of serial numbers but not been able to look them up yet. Really don't know where to find them. I am waiting to get on Needle Bar but it takes so long. Only thing we can see that is missing is the shuttle. Every thing else works and seems to be in order. Would like to change it over to a hand crank if possible.
Crossstitcher, I love your machine. Its profile is very beautiful. WoW :D And you certainly can't complain about the price either. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-09-2010, 08:41 PM

Is it bad that I'm scared to even go looking for a "new" machine? I'm afraid if I end up at the thrift store, antique store, or Craigslist one will follow me home. I don't have any more room for sad orphan sewing machines! LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
May I introduce you to 'Star', so named for the Variant Star decal on the bed. (thanks Billy for that info)
She has been cleaned, but she still needs her coat of Liquid Gold.
Star is very, very beautiful, Sandi. :thumbup: :thumbup: You must be very proud of her arrival! :D :D
Old 06-09-2010, 08:48 PM

JoAnn, wow, such a beautiful machine. I have never seen one like that. IT will be interesting to find out more about it. Thanks for posting photos. We all need to be encouraged to buy vintage machines, don't we???? :D :D
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM
JJs
Banned

Originally Posted by AshleyO
Is it bad that I'm scared to even go looking for a "new" machine? I'm afraid if I end up at the thrift store, antique store, or Craigslist one will follow me home. I don't have any more room for sad orphan sewing machines! LOL
there's always room for just one more.... :mrgreen:
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
JoAnn, wow, such a beautiful machine. I have never seen one like that. IT will be interesting to find out more about it. Thanks for posting photos. We all need to be encouraged to buy vintage machines, don't we???? :D :D
Thanks very much for the encouragement. I admit that I am a bit nervous, kind of like waiting for a blind date...eager and sick to my stomach and hoping that it will be everything I hope it will be. I just found another one that had sold on Etsy last November with many high praises in the commentary. I also found some entries on a few blogs referring to this machine, again with nothing but the highest compliments. I haven't been able to pinpoint a date yet but there was mention of 1954 or thereabouts in one of the entries I came across. They just don't make anything this pretty anymore, do they?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 AM

[quote=JoAnnGC][quote=Lostn51]
Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I'm sure I've lost my mind.

I just won an auction on shopgoodwill.com a Husqvarna Viking Automatic Type 21 machine in its original case. I am very excited but wish I could find someone who is familiar with these.
There is a Yahoo Group -- Vintage Viking Sewing Machines -- Pre 1980. Similar to the Singer Group. Most of the same people are on both groups. They are very knowledgeable and can probably help you with specifics on your machine. She sure is beautiful. I had bid on one on eBay also, but it was too high for me.