Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by sew wishful
DD called tonight and said she drove by SA and saw a treadle machine outside. The cabinet is in bad, bad shape, but the machine looked "ok", but not great. It's a "New Defender". Ever heard of it?? I think she would pick it up for me, if I asked. Do I or don't I?? That is the question!!! I keep telling myself "One more machine and that will be a 301!!!" LOL!
I think your New Defender is a badged machine made by AG Mason...like my "New Florence"...seems that Mason made a lot of "New" machines! ;) Probably early 1900's?
Hmmm....I think I'll have her pick it up...maybe. It may be gone by the time she strolls in there in the AM. She works nights and would have to stop in after work. Calling her now! LOL! Thanks for the info!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by jljack
Here's a link to some information on Davis Vertical Feed models. Really good info...pics & types of needles.

http://www.kelsew.info/domestic/davisVFmodels.html
Janice, you might also want to join the Yahoo group for the Davis machines...they have a lot of files and information there! :) There are also step by step photos of how to disassemble and reassemble the machine's faceplate where all the action is!

(My machine, on that page, is the New High Arm Vertical Feed, almost halfway down the page)
Charlee/jjack just in case your machines are lonely..

http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/atq/2568773128.html
I want one!!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
This one made me sit up a little straighter. I certainly wouldn't turn it down. :) http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2651598223.html
You need to hop on down to Dallas and get this one!!!!!! Very interesting![/quote]

what was it?? The listing is gone
Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
Originally Posted by miriam
ok. so. I'm kind of ignorant of some stuff yet. What all machines came in those rounded wooden lid cases??? I have a line on an unknown with no pic. I know it is electric - she says she plugged her in.
The 99 comes in the bentwood case, but I'm not sure what other ones do, or did you know that already? Maybe the 66?
I googled singers in bentwood cases and these popped up. Does this help?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...+128+15+91+201

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-Vinta...-/290617154011
I have a Singer 201k hand crank that came in a domed case like that and also a Singer 99K.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:10 PM

I have a Singer 128 in a domed case. I am looking for a key just in case any of you have an extra one??
Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 PM

A treadle singer for sale on Shopgoodwill.com in the Nashville, TN area. Pick-up only. I wish I lived closer, I have been looking for one like this one. I hope it gets a good home.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by G-Maw Wilda
A treadle singer for sale on Shopgoodwill.com in the Nashville, TN area. Pick-up only. I wish I lived closer, I have been looking for one like this one. I hope it gets a good home.
HHHMMMM Maybe if I win it I can pick it up and deliver the 241 to Billy to have him paint it at the same time - save on shipping.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by G-Maw Wilda
HHHMMMM Maybe if I win it I can pick it up and deliver the 241 to Billy to have him paint it at the same time - save on shipping.
Wonder how he's doing. Haven't heard anything since Saturday (I think...I had some catching up to do on that) from them. Hope all is well on their home front.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 AM

I have a 1941 15-30 in the bentwood case. Also a 1921 66 handcrank. I get the feeling all the singers that weren't in a cabinet came in those cases. They were considered portable!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Power Poster

I am suppose to pick up the mystery machine this afternoon. I only know it is electric and in a bent wood case. This is exciting.