Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom
Was looking at the bent wood cases on this link and happened on this. Wonder how you gonna attatch this tube turner to sewing machine. Can get this from store for less than $5. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hook-Singer-...item56468ab65c
Mollie's Mom, I wonder what makes the seller think that tube turner belongs with one of the vintage machines? The turner does look old, but to list certain machines it goes to - how nuts is that! That seller obviously does not sew!

Nancy
Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Janis
ok. so. I'm kind of ignorant of some stuff yet. What all machines came in those rounded wooden lid cases??? I have a line on an unknown with no pic. I know it is electric - she says she plugged her in.
The 99 comes in the bentwood case, but I'm not sure what other ones do, or did you know that already? Maybe the 66?
I googled singers in bentwood cases and these popped up. Does this help?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...+128+15+91+201

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-Vinta...-/290617154011
Was looking at the bent wood cases on this link and happened on this. Wonder how you gonna attatch this tube turner to sewing machine. Can get this from store for less than $5. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hook-Singer-...item56468ab65c
somebody must be trying to exploit us.
Ya Think? Am still laughing.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Glenn
Charlee eat your heart out. Here is my lady all cleaned up and ready for a party
Glenn, I think we are all 'eating our hearts out!' What a great job you did - I love your machine, cabinet - the whole package! Enjoy her!

Nancy

Glenn, I don't spend a lot of time in the shop so did I miss the Model of this machine? It looks like a 127, but I have not seen those decals. I thought at first the decals were the 'Rose and Cornflower' because of the green - but, it is not that decal? Do you know what the decals are called?

Charlee can you go to the site we can't mention to see if they have that decal listed?
:) I already did...I went lookin' as soon as I saw the first pics of her! Those decals are the Orange Blossom/Dogwood Painted decals used on the Model 27 rectangular bed, and on the VS3, Model 28 1891 version, and were only used from 1890 to 1894.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Mollie's Mom, I wonder what makes the seller think that tube turner belongs with one of the vintage machines? The turner does look old, but to list certain machines it goes to - how nuts is that! That seller obviously does not sew!

Nancy
Never used a tube turner anyway. Should we ask them to show how that fits on machine?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
About moving sewing machines (and getting back more to vintage quilting machines)....

I have one in the house, one in the shop, and one at my storage area. When I go “junking” for old machines, I toss a wheel chair in the back of the pickup to take with me. It also comes in handy to set in while waiting for my items to come up for sale at auctions.....

CD in Oklahoma
I need to use one from time to time and when we were hauling it with us full time it made a great transport for firewood and the porta potti when it needed dumping, those things can get heavy! I've not allowed myself to get the auction bug yet, but that's a great idea for the chair!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:12 AM

Nancy
Never used a tube turner anyway. Should we ask them to show how that fits on machine?
I have one just like this and I got it at Joanns for less than $5.00. If this one sells, I'm gonna list mine, lol.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Nancy
I have one just like this and I got it at Joanns for less than $5.00. If this one sells, I'm gonna list mine, lol.
Think I have two and inherited all my Mom's sewing stuff that I have not been through yet. She probably had one or two of everything. And we owned a fabric store here for 40 yrs. have left overs from that. Will sell all tube turners for that price. woo hoo am gonna be rich
Old 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

mystery machine is in the back of my car and it is raining so I'll open it later - I really like the case

no key - looks in good shape so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273300[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273247.jpe  
Old 10-18-2011, 07:38 AM

mystery machine is in the back of my car and it is raining so I'll open it later - I really like the case
Are we guessing???

Singer 28, handcrank. ;)
Old 10-18-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Are we guessing???

Singer 28, handcrank. ;)
Singer 99