Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SherriB
grannie cheechee

I think I have a treadle just like yours! I got mine off craigslist for $75. Here is a pic of it:
You stole the machine if it is the "Brown Lotus" decal!! The lotus is a hard to come by pattern anyway and the Brown Lotus is way more rare here in the States!.

And it is in the better of the cabinets offered by Singer

Billy
Old 06-17-2010, 03:10 PM

[quote=Lostn51]
grannie cheechee

I think I have a treadle just like yours! I got mine off craigslist for $75. Here is a pic of it:
You stole the machine if it is the "Brown Lotus" decal!! The lotus is a hard to come by pattern anyway and the Brown Lotus is way more rare here in the States!.

And it is in the better of the cabinets offered by Singer

We don't know about the decal's on the machine but the cabinet is the same. That's what we are trying to restore. Got it for 20.00 at the flea market. Machine runs good just can't remember off hand what decal is on it.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM

When rewiring the old button foot controllers, do we still need to find a heat shield for the wiring inside the box? On the Sew-Classic blog, she reuses the old shields on the new wires, but mine were not in any shape to be reused. Do I need to track down the shields?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Oooooo SherrieB...that's an beautiful cabinet & machine.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Grannie C....very wonderful to see someone keep something as beautiful as this in the family!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
When rewiring the old button foot controllers, do we still need to find a heat shield for the wiring inside the box? On the Sew-Classic blog, she reuses the old shields on the new wires, but mine were not in any shape to be reused. Do I need to track down the shields?
NAPA has them and I will have to go out side and look up the part number for it. You really do not have to use them but if you want to its not a problem. I think the wire is rated at 350 or 400* or so and its not going to get that hot when you use it.

Billy
Old 06-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Just stopped by to say 'hi' while eating my dinner.

Billy, hope you are feeling much better and have more energy today.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Suzanne57
NAPA has them and I will have to go out side and look up the part number for it. You really do not have to use them but if you want to its not a problem. I think the wire is rated at 350 or 400* or so and its not going to get that hot when you use it.

Billy
Thanks. Now if I could just get that nasty stubborn screw loose. Tried WD40, PB Blaster, bought a large screwdriver, hit it with a hammer, heated it with a hair dryer, and am ready to give up and take it to the repair shop.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Suzanne, today is not your day for fixing it, is it? Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

If you are like me though, you just want to get it done so you aren't thinking about all night long. :roll:
Old 06-17-2010, 05:10 PM

grannie cheechee

A fellow on my local CL is trying to sell just the cabinet for $275.00, no machine. It looks just like yours!

http://albany.craigslist.org/atq/1796859661.html