Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 PM

I apologize if this question is already on the site somewhere, I couldn't find anything by doing a search. Now that my treadle machine is all cleaned I think the next step is to use car wax. Is Turtle Wax a good wax to use? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I finally scored!!
Woohoo!!! That one's got a side clamp, I'm guessing someone changed out the needlebar... She's PRETTY!!
I have a problem :( Cleaned my 'new' 66 & thought I would give her a spin to see how she stitched. The presser foot needed to be tightened and once I did that...

The presser foot is at a slant to the right and the needle hits it. I tried the regular foot & the zipper foot. Tried to take some pictures. Don't know if they help explain the problem, but worth the try.

Any suggestions? Especially since, as Charlee observed, this might not be the original needlebar.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276016.jpe   attachment-276017.jpe   attachment-276018.jpe  
Old 10-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer
I apologize if this question is already on the site somewhere, I couldn't find anything by doing a search. Now that my treadle machine is all cleaned I think the next step is to use car wax. Is Turtle Wax a good wax to use? Thanks in advance for your help!
As long as it's not abrasive in anyway, yes. :) (You don't want the "clean and shine" type of wax)
Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 PM

I finally scored!!
Woohoo!!! That one's got a side clamp, I'm guessing someone changed out the needlebar... She's PRETTY!!
I have a problem :( Cleaned my 'new' 66 & thought I would give her a spin to see how she stitched. The presser foot needed to be tightened and once I did that...

The presser foot is at a slant to the right and the needle hits it. I tried the regular foot & the zipper foot. Tried to take some pictures. Don't know if they help explain the problem, but worth the try.

Any suggestions? Especially since, as Charlee observed, this might not be the original needlebar.

I'd pull the faceplate and make sure everything there is tight where it should be, and check for bends or warps in the presser bar...
After that, I'm not sure what to tell you! I do know that from what I've read, it seems fairly simple to switch it out...
Old 10-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Thanks Charlee I'll check it out.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:50 PM

I finally scored!!

The pressure foot bar may not be aligned. Take off the place plate loosen the pressure bar screw and turn it to the left unitl it is aligned.
Glenn
Old 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM

:thumbup: Thanks Charlee & Glenn! I did it! Found the screw, loosened it, moved the bar just enough & tightened it all back up. Never knew that bar could be adjusted, but stands to reason with these old gals being so do-it-yourself on everything else :)
Old 10-23-2011, 03:51 PM

:thumbup: Thanks Charlee & Glenn! I did it! Found the screw, loosened it, moved the bar just enough & tightened it all back up. Never knew that bar could be adjusted, but stands to reason with these old gals being so do-it-yourself on everything else :)
Great glad you got it fixed. These old girls are easy to maintain and use.
Glenn
Old 10-23-2011, 03:53 PM

YAY!!

How does she sew? :)
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Yes please let us know how she sews
Glenn